Dear parents and carers,
I hope your children have enjoyed Science Week, with the many practical activities, visitors and investigations. Many thanks to all the parents who so willingly gave up their time, and to Miss Hadland for organising it. Thank you also to the Friends of Dr South’s for funding the visit from the Explorer Dome.
These can be ordered online within 7 days to enjoy free postage or by returning your form to the office by next Friday 15th November.
You are warmly invited to join us at the War Memorial at 10.45 am on Monday for our Act of Remembrance.
Children in Need
This will take place next Friday 15th November. We will be having a non-uniform day and inviting children to bring £1 to take part.
These will take place on 20th and 21st November. The sign-up sheets will go up in the playground next Monday 11th November. You can also make appointments by phoning the office during the day to fix a time.
We are very fortunate to have accessed some extra funding from the Dr South’s Trust Fund to support children at the school. I am delighted to announce that we have appointed Mrs Caroline Brown to work as a Teaching Assistant at Dr South’s through until the summer term, mostly with children in Oak Class. I am sure you will make her welcome.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Eleanor, for beautiful reading and phonics;
- Ash Class: Evie, for not letting her broken wrist or cast get in the way of brilliant work; Alex, for great money handling in maths and presenting his amounts so neatly;
- Oak Class: Isabella, for enthusiastic contributions during science week; Jack F, for positive reflection on his work in maths;
- Beech Class: Bella, for kindness to others in the class; Emily, for a superb biography of David Attenborough;
- Sport: Bear, for fantastic participation all week;
- Art: Molly, for brilliant listening and effort;
- Cookery: Asher, for persevering with a task he found tricky and increased confidence.
Our Christian Value this term is Generosity. Ask your child about the big party.
Future events (w/b 11th November)
- Cookery: Beech
- Art: Year 2
- Sport: Year 1
- 10.45 Act of Remembrance
- Year 5 Forest School
- Year 3/4 Forest School
- Beech class swimming
- Children in Need Day
Dates for the year
- 20/11/2019 Parent consultations
- 21/11/2019 Parent consultations
- 06/12/2019 9.15am St Nicholas Service at the church
- 11/12/2019 9.30am Willow Class nativity at school
- Christmas lunch
- 12/12/2019 Pantomime trip
- 13/12/2019 Children’s bazaar
- Reception class vision screening
- 16/12/2019 Wellbeing Day
- 17/12/2019 2.00pm Ash Class nativity in the church
- End of term
- 18/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 19/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 06/01/2020 Start of term
- 17/01/2020 Beech Class charity event
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed