7th June 2019
Dear parents and carers,
Thank you to the amazing team of people who helped make May Day such a success. I thought the event went brilliantly in every way. The dancing was delightful, the stalls superb and the food fantastic. We are truly blessed with a wonderful community which supports our school so well. If you won a raffle prize which you have not yet claimed, please collect it from the office.
Well done to the children from Oak and Beech classes who took part in a partnership sporting event this week. They showed real sporting tenacity and had outstanding behaviour. Thank you to the team of drivers who helped with transport.
Charity Cake Sale – Friday 14th June
Next Friday there will be a cake sale run by children in Ash and Willow classes. The children choose a charity to support, and raise money after school. Please come slightly early with enough change to treat yourself!
Does your child love music and singing? St Mary’s choristers is a mixed choir for children ages 7+ based at the beautiful St Mary’s Church, Kidlington. Choristers receive free expert tuition in singing, reading music and performance, and develop confidence, leadership and teamwork skills. We are currently recruiting new members for September and are holding an OPEN REHEARSAL on Friday 5th July at 6pm. For details contact Dr David Hewett, the St Mary’s Director of Music, on 07724 063194, or email [email protected] You can also watch our Youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2LG80bs2o
This time of year often brings news of staffing changes which bring the mixed emotions of sadness to be saying goodbye, and excitement for colleagues as they take up new opportunities. We are sorry to be saying goodbye to Miss Prud’homme in the summer as she has been asked to support another school within our academy trust in Banbury on a year’s secondment. We will miss her greatly, but this is a great development opportunity for her and we know that our loss will be their gain. The process for recruiting a teacher to cover her secondment has begun. We are also sorry to be saying goodbye to Miss Sariah Barnhill in Ash Class as her contract with us is coming to an end. She will be moving to a larger school in the summer and we wish her well in her future career.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Can your child tell you about the different meanings of the word?
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Molly, for super reading;
- Ash Class: Hughie, for his great effort in reading and phonics; Grace C, for fantastic effort in phonics and maths;
- Oak Class: Lily G, for excellent effort in literacy; Seth, for writing an excellent opening using personification;
- Beech Class: William, for lovely singing and enthusiasm when learning new songs; Jayden, for a fantastic piece of writing;
- Sport: Milly N, for exhibiting excellent skills in cricket;
- Cookery: Bear, for growing enthusiasm and confidence over the week.
Future events (w/b 10th June)
- Cookery: Ash
- Art: Year 2
- Sport: Year 1
- Beech Class residential all week.
- Coach for residential leaves 8.45am
- No Forest School
- Year 4 Forest School
- Visit from other schools to learn from our nursery provision
- Phonic screening for Year 1
- Mr Morgan is away on residential – Mrs Halsey is in charge
- Mrs Brees is on PE training
- Miss Prud’homme is supporting another school’s moderation
- Oak class swimming
- Ash class trip to The Jacobs’ Field
- Ash and Willow charity cake sale
Dates for the year
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children