Dear parents and carers,
These take place next week. If you have not yet booked a slot, please contact the office to arrange a time.
Sport Relief – Friday 13th March
Next week is Sport Relief Week, raising money for disadvantaged communities in the UK and round the world. On Friday we are inviting the children to come to school in sporty clothes and to donate £1 to do so. During the day, children from Year 6 will lead their family groups in sporting activities, so they can have fun and keep fit.
Soup lunch thank you
A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make the soup lunch and talent show such a success before half term. We are very grateful to all those who provided soup, chillis and cakes and worked tirelessly in the kitchen, serving the hungry hordes! As always, we could not have done it without you. Thank you also to all those who supported the lunch and brought family and friends too. Together, we raised over £300!
Film Night – Friday 20th March
The Friends of Dr South’s have arranged a film night for 20th March. The children will be able to go straight from school to watch The Secret Life of Pets 2, and enjoy refreshments and fun. Please see the separate letter for full details and booking arrangements.
Quiz night – Saturday 28th March
It is three weeks until the inimitable Dr South’s Quiz Night on the 28th March. Tickets are on sale now and it would be brilliant to have lots of teams of parents taking part. This is a great evening, with enjoyable brain teasers, delicious food and drink and much laughter. Invite family and friends to form a team (4-8 people) or we can place you in one. Contact [email protected] to book tickets or speak to Sophie or Niki. Tickets cost £14.00, which includes a delicious meal, with an amazing pudding table and there is also a bar selling a range of drinks. The more tickets we sell, the more money we raise for the school so please come along if you can. We would be very grateful for offers of help with this event. Please let us know if you are able to help by providing a lasagne, sausage casserole or pudding or can help with setting up, serving or clearing up on the night. Thank you!
The current advice from the government and Public Health England is to wash hands frequently. We have already implemented this, so the children are being supervised washing their hands at the start of the day, before lunchtime and before they come home. This is in addition to any washing they may do themselves. The current advice is that anti-bacterial products do not help (as the outbreak is due to a virus), but if your child wishes to bring a small pot to school for themselves, please make sure it is named. We have children in school with severe allergies, so please tell your child NOT to share this with others. We receive advice from the government daily, and will be following this and updating you accordingly.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: George, for being kind to others; Jackson, for beautiful reading;
- Ash Class: Charlotte, for finding her own resources to help her solve maths problems; Ruby, for working hard on her handwriting;
- Oak Class: Jake, for real perseverance in his maths; Agnes, for an excellent poem;
- Beech Class: Zach, for great focus when dividing in maths; Alice, for knowing when a job needs to be done and just doing it without prompting;
- Cookery: Emmy, for being a superstar chef;
- Art: Noah, for an excellent explanation of the Easter story;
- Sport: All of Year 3/4 group 1, for an excellent week of hockey.
Our Christian Value this term is Humility. Can your child tell you about the humility of the Roman soldier?
Future events (w/b 9th March)
- Cookery: Oak
- Art: Year 3/4 Group 1
- Sport: Year 3/4 Group 2
- Forest School – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 3/4 Group 2
- Parent consultations – Years 1 to 6
- Hockey tournament
- Parent consultations – Willow Class
- Mrs Forde is at Emotional Literacy Support training
- Parent consultations – all
- Athletics event – Beech Class
- Oak Class swimming
- Sport Relief Day
Dates for the year
- 10/03/2020 Parent consultations – Years 1 to 6
- 11/03/2020 Parent consultations – Willow Class
- 12/03/2020 Parent consultations – all
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 28/03/2020 FODS quiz night
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 01/09/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 02/09/2020 Start of term