Dear parents and carers,
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Many thanks to Mrs Brees and Mrs Barnhill for organising the events, and many thanks to The Friends of Dr South’s for sorting the refreshments.
We have had a few concerns about these recently. If you have any comments about the dinners it would be very helpful if you could e-mail the office with specific examples of times where you or your children have not been happy with either the quality or quantity of the food. We are in regular discussion with our suppliers and would appreciate details of issues we could pass on.
The Jacobs’ Field – Tuesday 16th July
The children in Ash Class are greatly enjoying their days up at the field. The final Friday session will be on 12th July, but the children will also be attending on Tuesday 16th July, just before the lavender starts being harvested. At this session you are invited to join the children at around 11am to be shown round, to harvest the potatoes, and to bring lunch to have together. We expect to be finished around 1pm. It would be lovely to have parents there, although we do understand that taking two hours in the middle of the day is not always convenient for working parents!
Islip Village Fete – tomorrow – Saturday 6th July
It is Islip village fete tomorrow – and the Friends will be running various children’s activities and races during the afternoon. Thank you very much to those who have already volunteered to help. If anyone else is able to spare some time, please do let us know at [email protected]. Or please just come over to our gazebo on the day and take over from someone for a short while!
End of Year Friends meeting – Tuesday 16th July 7.45pm
All are warmly invited to the end of year Friends meeting on Tuesday 16th July at Farm Cottage, North Street, Islip (Niki’s house). There will be Pimms, nibbles and hopefully lots of sun so that we can sit out in the garden. Please do come along, especially if you have never been before. It is a great way to meet other parents and find out more about the school. Your class rep will be happy to answer any questions you have about it. Please RSVP to [email protected] if you are hoping to come.
End of year productions
These are fast approaching, so do make sure they are in your diary. Willow and Ash classes will be performing at 2.00pm next Wednesday 10th July, and Oak and Beech classes will be performing at 1.30pm and 6.00pm on Thursday 18th July. Do join us for any of these. All performances will be in the Village Hall. If your child is not going to be able to attend any of their performances for any reason, please let your child’s teacher know now.
We welcome Sami to Willow Class. He will be joining us in September and is spending a few sessions settling in. I am sure you will make him and his parents welcome.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: all of them, for great sportsmanship at Sports Morning;
- Ash Class: Matthew, for fabulous rehearsing for his role in the production; Milly B, for her excellent performance during play rehearsals;
- Oak Class: Agnes R, for seeking ways to challenge herself; Louis, for writing a lovely story opening;
- Beech Class: Mia, for always being kind and thoughtful to others; Harry, for great enthusiasm when building bridges in DT.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Ask your child about Abraham and Sarah.
Future events (w/b 8th July)
- Cookery: Year 6
- No Year 6 Forest School
- Ms Rayner is on Safeguarding training in the morning
- Nominations for parent governor close
- Miss Prud’homme is presenting at the Nursery World conference
- Mr Morgan is at a heads’ meeting in the morning
- No Year 4 Forest School
- Jessica is out
- 2.00pm Ash and Willow production
- Jessica is out
- Governor Teaching and Learning Committee
- Oak Class swimming
- Ash Class trip to The Jacobs’ Field
Dates for the year
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 16/07/2019 Picnic at the Jacobs’ Field for parents of children in Ash Class
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children