Dear parents and carers,
Sport Morning – Tuesday 2nd July
Don’t forget this will take place on the morning of Tuesday 2nd July, weather permitting. We aim to start at around 9.30am and the children are asked to wear an item showing their team colour (list up in the hall window if you have forgotten or are new!). The event usually takes the whole morning, and is followed by the opportunity for a picnic with your children. If you are new to the school, please talk to your child’s teacher to discover more. The weather forecast is looking good, so we currently expect this to go ahead as planned.
Sports Day Refreshments – Tuesday 2nd July
It is the school sports morning next Tuesday – the excitement is already building! As in previous years, the Friends will be serving fruit to the children during the morning to keep them energised and refreshed whilst they are competing. We would be very grateful for donations of strawberries, oranges, grapes and watermelon from parents to help with this. To ensure that we have a range of fruit, please could children in each class contribute the following:
- Beech: punnet of grapes
- Oak: punnet of strawberries
- Ash: small bag of oranges
- Willow: a watermelon (or a half watermelon)
If you have children in more than one class, please just send in just one item.
It would be brilliant if you could bring items to school on Monday but if this is not possible, Tuesday morning at drop off would be fine. They can be handed to Sophie (Flora, Noah & Zachary’s mum) or Niki (Aoife and Joe’s mum) in the playground. Thank you!
Islip Village Fete – Saturday 6th July 12-4pm
Thank you to everyone who has offered to help next Saturday. We would love to have a few more people helping during the afternoon so that no one has to do a long shift so please do let us know if you can. We will be running the bouncy castle, doing face paints and hair feathers, possibly a craft activity and hopefully organising a treasure trail. We will also be running the children’s races. Please speak to Niki (Aoife and Joe’s mum) or Sophie (Flora, Noah & Zachary’s mum) or email [email protected] if you can help for a short time or have any other ideas!
The Jacobs’ Field – Tuesday 16th July
The children in Ash Class are greatly enjoying their days up at the field. The final Friday session will be on 12th July, but the children will also be attending on Tuesday 16th July, just before the lavender starts being harvested. At this session you are invited to join the children at around 11am to be shown round, to harvest the potatoes, and to bring lunch to have together. We expect to be finished around 1pm. It would be lovely to have parents there, although we do understand that taking two hours in the middle of the day is not always convenient for working parents!
Next year, the school is intending to have a significant focus on ensuring good mental health of children. To prepare for that, we have opted to contribute to an anonymous online questionnaire for children in Years 4 to 6. These children have brought home a separate letter about this today. If you do NOT wish your child to take part in the questionnaire, please return the appropriate slip or send an e-mail to the office.
End of year productions
These are fast approaching, so do make sure they are in your diary. Willow and Ash classes will be performing at 2.00pm on Wednesday 10th July, and Oak and Beech classes will be performing at 1.30pm and 6.00pm on Thursday 18th July. All performances will be in the Village Hall. If your child is not going to be able to attend any of their performances for any reason, please let your child’s teacher know now
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Jude, for making great links and asking good questions about life cycles;
- Ash Class: Hannah, for lovely independent writing; Jake, for brilliant work on suffixes;
- Oak Class: Jak, for rising to the swimming challenge; Bella, for great enthusiasm in dancing;
- Beech Class: Margot, for a sensational news report; Ruby, for commitment to her part in the play.
- Cookery: Aoife, for keeping the kitchen clean and tidy; Poppy, for confidence when completing several tasks;
- Sport: Bella, for great understanding of the ball chain challenge.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Ask your child about Jesus calming the storm.
Future events (w/b 1st July)
- Cookery: Year 6
- No Year 6 Forest School
- Governor Finance Meeting
- Sport Morning
- No Year 4 Forest School
- Mr Morgan is out
- Oak Class swimming
- Ash Class trip to The Jacobs’ Field
Dates for the year
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 16/07/2019 Picnic at the Jacobs’ Field for parents of children in Ash Class
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children