Dear parents and carers,
World Book Day – Thursday 5th March
The theme of this year’s event is Share a Story. During the day the children will be sharing stories within their school families and there will be some other book events as well. The children are invited to dress as their favourite book character.
Oak Class Assembly – Friday 6th March
All are warmly invited to join us in the hall at 2.30pm next Friday to find out what Oak Class have been learning this term.
These will take place during the week beginning 9th March (Tuesday 10th – Years 1 to 6, Wednesday 11th – Willow Class, Thursdays 12th – all). Sign-up sheets will be in the playground at the start and end of day next Monday and Tuesday and will then be kept in the office. Do make sure you book a time.
Save the date: Quiz Night – Saturday 28th March
It is the ever-popular Dr South’s quiz night on Saturday 28th March. This is a great evening, with delicious food and drink and a fantastic quiz full of brain teasers and puzzles. More details to follow but please put it in your diary now!
We are encouraging the children to practice good hygiene, and to wash their hands frequently. At the moment, the guidance from the DfE is to continue as normal, but with increased vigilance in this area. We will continue to follow the official advice and keep you updated accordingly.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Ellie, for brilliant work in maths;
- Ash Class: Molly, for increased confidence in all her learning; Kane, for great work and persistence in phonics;
- Oak Class: Emily, for perseverance in maths; Tia, for rhyme and rhythm in her limerick;
- Beech Class: Zach, for superb participation in the hockey tournament; Leandro, for increased confidence and contributions in lessons;
- Cookery: Bella, for following instructions and having a go.
Our Christian Value this term is Humility. Can your child explain the meaning of the word? Can your child tell you why Jesus washed the feet of his disciples?
Future events (w/b 2nd March)
- Cookery: Ash
- Art: Year 3/4 Group 2
- Sport: Year 3/4 Group 1
Forest School – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 3/4 Group 2
- World Book Day
- Governor Teaching and Learning Committee
- Full Governing Body meeting
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 10/03/2020 Parent consultations – Years 1 to 6
- 11/03/2020 Parent consultations – Willow Class
- 12/03/2020 Parent consultations – all
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 28/03/2020 FODS quiz night
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 01/09/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 02/09/2020 Start of term