Dear parents and carers,
Beech Class Residential
We will be holding an information meeting after school next Tuesday 30th April to hand out paperwork and answer questions. Put the date in your diary now. If you are unable to attend, the paperwork will be sent home for signature.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th – Raffle Tickets
The children have been sent home with 2 books of raffle tickets to sell to family and friends to raise money for the Big Bike Ride – please look in their book bags. There are some fabulous prizes, so please do buy some and encourage others to buy some too! More raffle tickets are available from Hannah Penwarden or Sophie Miller or the school office. The draw will take place on the afternoon of the Big Bike Ride.
Please find attached a link to an article in the Oxford Mail which details the key headline feedback given by inspectors in our recent Ofsted and Siams inspections. We are delighted that the article is overwhelmingly positive about our school community.
May Day – Friday 24th May
This popular event approaches fast. If you are new to the school, please ask your child’s teacher for more information. Letters will be sent out nearer the time, but it is easier to talk you through everything the first time you experience it!
Non-uniform day – Friday 3rd May
As part of our preparations for May Day, we shall be holding a non-uniform day next Friday. In exchange, the children are invited to bring in prizes for the tombolas, both adult and child. Suggested gifts are bottles (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and small gifts such as stationery sets, gel pens or small toys.
Over the next few days we will welcome several new children to our nursery: Neveah, Elizabeth, Henry, Rosie-Ann, Neil, Edison, Jonah and Marcel. Do keep an eye out for them and their parents and make them welcome.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: all of them, for welcoming the new children so kindly;
- Ash Class: Harrison, for working so hard in everything this week; Emily, for hard work all week, especially in Literacy.
- Oak Class: Jack, for fantastic work in maths; Charlie, for an excellent attitude to everything he does;
- Beech Class: Frankie, for superb work when adding money this week; Davina, for thoughtful and detailed guided reading homework;
- Art: Clara, for enthusiasm, energy and great productivity all week;
- Sport: Annabel, for being totally focussed and showing great fascination when learning about organs in the body;
- Cookery: Orla, for great leadership skills and supporting others.
Our Christian Value this term is Justice. Can your child tell you about the experience of Jews in Germany in the run up to World War Two?
Future events (w/b 29th April)
- Cookery: Year 5
- Art: Year 3
- Sport: Year 4
Year 5 Forest School
- Year 3 Forest School
- Beech Class residential information meeting
- Mr Morgan is at another school in the morning
- Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize for May Day
- Oak Class swimming
- Ash Class at The Jacobs’ Field
Dates for the year
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 13/05/2019 Year 6 Assessment week (SATS)
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children