Dear parents and carers,
Beech Class Charity Event
Thank you for your support of this. The children raised £93.10 which will be sent to IMPS, an organisation the children visit as part of their citizenship education.
This immensely popular event is fast approaching. As usual, Mrs Halsey will do an initial session of quality control, so if your child would like to take part, make sure they are well-prepared and let Mrs Halsey know.
FAST – Families Active, Sporting together
The first newsletter from this group has been sent out as a link along with our newsletter. It gives information on a scheme which is aimed at making it easier and more accessible for families to enjoy physical activity and sport together. One benefit, for example, is a family swim can be available for £3 instead of £13 at Gosford Sports Centre.
It is aimed at families in parts of Bicester and Kidlington. Details are given of the Cherwell District Council website which you need to visit to see if your family would be eligible to participate in the scheme.
Friends’ Spring Meeting – Tuesday 28th January
All are warmly invited to the Spring meeting of the Friends of Dr South’s at 8pm on Tuesday 28th January in the Lin Cooper Building at school. We will be planning this term’s events and discussing ways to spend the money that we have all raised. There will be wine and nibbles to keep the discussion flowing! It would be great to see lots of people there, especially any new parents who have not been before. It is a great way to find out a bit more about the school and to talk to other parents for more than a 5 second chat in the playground!
If you are hoping to come or if you have any items for the agenda, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please speak to your class rep or catch Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) or Niki (Joe’s mum) in the playground
Inside Out Day
As part of our focus on well- being and mental health, we will be supporting Inside out Day on Thursday 6th February. The aim of this campaign is to encourage children to wear an item of clothing inside out and reflect on how they and their friends are feeling on the inside.
Children can wear their own clothes on this day and wear one item inside out. We would also ask for an optional donation of £1 which will be passed onto a mental health charity to support the work they carry out.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Anna, for brilliant work on symmetry in maths;
- Ash Class: Emmy, for pushing herself to complete challenging work; Hannah, for helping others in class;
- Oak Class: Jake, for enthusiastically researching endangered animals; Annabel, for increased confidence around the whole school;
- Beech Class: Daisy, for fabulous work in maths; Max, for fantastic effort in all areas this week;
- Sport: Daisy, for great maturity in her approach to all the challenges this week;
- Art: Alice, for exceptional drawing and attention to detail;
- Cookery: Lily, for a mature approach in the kitchen.
Our Christian Value this term is Truthfulness. Ask your child about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Future events (w/b 27th January)
- Cookery: Beech
- Art: Year 3/4
- Sport: Year 3/4
- Forest School – Year 6
- Mrs Barnett and Mrs Robertson are on First Aid training
- Forest School – Year 4
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 06/02/2020 Inside Out Day
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed