Dear parents and carers,
Oak and Beech Production
Congratulations to the children for a wonderful performance – I hope you enjoyed it. They worked incredibly hard getting it ready and have benefited enormously from the work on public speaking, attentive listening, co-operation and memory development. Thank you to the staff for getting them ready, and to you as parents for your great support.
The ballot closes at 12 noon on Monday, so please make sure you have returned your form by then. The result will be communicated to the two candidates on the day, and the successful candidate will take up post in the autumn.
The new surface under the tree looks great. Thank you to the Friends of Dr South’s for contributing toward this.
Over the summer there will be various works taking place, so don’t be surprised to see people around. We will be undertaking a wiring check for fire safety and putting in a proper bin store at the front of the school.
We close for the summer at 3.15pm on Wednesday afternoon and start back on Thursday 6th September. Thank you for your support over the last year – we have greatly enjoyed working with you and watching your children grow and develop.
End of Year and Leavers’ Party – Wednesday 25th July
Please come along to celebrate the end of the school year and to say goodbye to the year 6s on Wednesday 25th July at Islip Village Hall. Willow and Ash classes are invited from 3.30 – 5pm, Oak and Beech classes are invited from 5-7pm. (If you have children across all the classes, they can all, of course, come to either or both slots!) There will be sausages/burgers and cupcakes and we have booked an inflatable obstacle course to help wear out the children completely! We hope very much that Year 6 children and parents in particular will be able to come to this final school event. There will be plenty of food for all but please bring your own drinks. There will be a £2.50 charge on the door.
Our Christian Value this term is Perseverance. Can your child talk about the perseverance of sporting heroes?
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Ruby, for excellent manners all around the school;
- Ash Class: Jake, for great work with money; Phoebe, for great work on giving change;
- Oak Class: Zach, for great focus when producing an e-book; Orla, for beautiful illustrations in her e-book;
- Beech Class: Davina, for great focus in maths; Morgan, for excellent focus when preparing for the production;
- Cooking Award: Annabel, for great skills and confidence in the kitchen.
Future events (w/b 23rd July)
- 12 noon – parent governor election closes
- Year 6 treat
- 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service in the church
Dates for the year
- 04/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 05/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 06/09/2018 Start of term