Dear parents and carers,
Oak and Beech Production
Congratulations to the children for a wonderful performance – I hope you enjoyed it. They worked incredibly hard getting it ready and have benefited enormously from the work on public speaking, attentive listening, co-operation and memory development. Thank you to the staff for getting them ready, and to you as parents for your great support.
On Monday morning we will be joined by our new teachers for a transfer morning for children to be in their new classes. Do say hello and introduce yourselves.
Year 4 Forest School
Please note that Year 4 need to bring their Forest School clothing on Tuesday as they will be having a final session up at The Jacobs’ Field.
Everybody is warmly invited to say goodbye to our Year 6 leavers at a service in the church on Wednesday 22nd July at 2.00pm.
End of term and Leavers’ Party – Weds 24th May, 3.30 – 6pm, £3 per child, Islip Village Hall
All are warmly invited to a party to celebrate the end of the school year and to say goodbye to the wonderful year 6s. There will be an inflatable obstacle course, hot dogs, ice lollies and drinks for all ages! Parents and siblings are welcome. It should be a great opportunity for the children to let off steam and for parents to relax and chat before the long summer holidays. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
We will also be holding a second-hand uniform sale at the party. Please bring uniform donations to the Terrace Room at the Village Hall from 2pm on the day of the party.
I am pleased to draw your attention to the success of former pupil Grace McInerny who is performing in Aliens Love Underpants in the New Troubadour Theatre in London. Details can be found here:
We close for the summer at 3.15pm on Wednesday afternoon and start back on Tuesday 3rd September. Thank you for your support over the last year – we have greatly enjoyed working with you and watching your children grow and develop.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Zachary, for showing good understanding of how to look after our environment;
- Ash Class: Sarah, for showing excellent skill at remember French words; Asher, for learning new French vocabulary really well;
- Oak Class: All of them, for wonderful performances in our production;
- Beech Class: All of them, for being absolute stars in every way during production week.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Ask your child about Joseph and his brothers.
Future events (w/b 22nd July)
- Transfer morning to meet new classes and teachers
- Parent governor ballot closes
- No Year 6 Forest School
- Year 6 treat
- Year 4 Forest School
- Full Governing Body meeting
- 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service at the church
Dates for the year
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children