Dear parents and carers,
It was good to see you at these meetings. If you did not manage to make a time to come in, do talk with your child’s teacher directly – we would rather see you late than not at all!
Congratulations to our hockey team who have qualified for the county finals next Wednesday. Good luck and best wishes to them: Flora, Flyn, Alice, William, Frankie, George, Leandro, Max, Amie and Mia. Many thanks to the parent drivers for transport and to Mrs Brees for organising and training them.
Sport Relief – Friday 13th March
Thank you for your support of this. The children had a great time being active, and we will work out how much was raised next week.
Film Night – Friday 20th March
The Friends of Dr South’s have arranged a film night for 20th March. The children will be able to go straight from school to watch The Secret Life of Pets 2, and enjoy refreshments and fun. Please see the separate letter for full details and booking arrangements.
Quiz night – Saturday 28th March
It is three weeks until the inimitable Dr South’s Quiz Night on the 28th March. Tickets are on sale now and it would be brilliant to have lots of teams of parents taking part. This is a great evening, with enjoyable brain teasers, delicious food and drink and much laughter. Invite family and friends to form a team (4-8 people) or we can place you in one. Contact [email protected] to book tickets or speak to Sophie or Niki. Tickets cost £14, which includes a delicious meal, with an amazing pudding table and there is also a bar selling a range of drinks. The more tickets we sell, the more money we raise for the school so please come along if you can. We would be very grateful for offers of help with this event. Please let us know if you are able to help by providing a lasagne, sausage casserole or pudding or can help with setting up, serving or clearing up on the night. Thank you!
As at time of writing, the government advice is for schools to remain open. We are, however, making preparations for what we will do if required to close, and will communicate these to you at the appropriate time. If you have not received and returned a data checking sheet (at parent consultations), please contact the office to check the details we hold, as e-mail will be our main method of communication if we close.
In the meantime, I would like thank Mrs Beesley and Raffy for the hard work they do keeping the school clean, not just now, but throughout the year. It is often only at times like this that we realise the importance of what they do.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Kaitlin, for being kind to her friends; Sami, for beautiful work in phonics and for his handwriting;
- Ash Class: Adam, for working hard in maths and also for working hard to improve his handwriting; Seth, for working really hard to edit his writing;
- Oak Class: Milly, for her fantastic attitude to learning; Lilly S, for an amazing letter which showed the character’s feelings;
- Beech Class: Helena, for a great dramatic performance when acting out scenes from Macbeth; William, for writing an excellent playscript based on a scene from Macbeth;
- Cookery: Eleanor, for great determination, following instructions, keeping a tidy workstation and thinking about what she needs to do;
- Art: Harley, for brilliant listening and following instructions;
- Sport: Everybody, for participating in events for Sports Relief.
Our Christian Value this term is Humility. Can your child tell you about Daedalus and Icarus?
Future events (w/b 16th March)
Cookery: Oak Art: Year 6 Sport: Year 5
- Forest School – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 3/4 Group 2
- County hockey final – good luck!
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 20/03/2020 FODS film evening
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 28/03/2020 FODS quiz night
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- 3.15pm End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 01/09/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 02/09/2020 Start of term