Dear parents and carers,
Well done to our swimming team which competed in the area finals on Monday. They came fourth in the north of the county, so it was out of about 100 schools – an excellent result! Well done to Aoife, Poppy, Flora, Sylvia, Porsha and Imogen.
Church School Inspection
Next week we welcome Mrs Jacquie Coles to our school to undertake our five-yearly Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools inspection (SIAMS). She will be looking specifically at our effectiveness as a church school, and would like to speak with parents in the playground before school to get the parental perspective. If you have any comments, do try and talk with her, or send a message via the office with your thoughts. SIAMS looks at the impact our church school status has on the children’s experience and includes curriculum provision, collective worship and inclusion. Do ask if you have any questions.
Soup Lunch and Talent Show – Friday 15th February
The children have been busy auditioning for the talent show and excitement is growing! We hope that lots of parents/grandparents will come along for the soup lunch and to watch the performances next Friday. Thank you to everyone who has returned their soup lunch forms already. Please could all remaining forms be returned to school on Monday (even if your child is bringing a packed lunch) so that we can plan how much soup to make! We would be very grateful for more offers of help to make soup/chilli or cakes for the lunch and to help to serve on the day. If you are able to help, please speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) or Niki (Aoife and Joe’s mum) or email [email protected]. Thank you!
Next Tuesday week welcome back Miss Kirsty James and Miss Lucy Kettlety. They are on the first year of their teacher training course, and will be with us on Tuesdays for the next five weeks, working mostly in Ash and Oak classes.
Soon we say goodbye to our cook, Michelle, and our lunchtime server, Jeanette, who are moving on to other jobs. If you would like to give to their leaving presents, do pass it to the office.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
We have lots of posters and flyers advertising the Big Bike Ride that we would love to distribute in as many places as possible. If you can put up a poster or leave some flyers in your work place, gym or local community centre/library/village hall, please collect some posters/flyers from the school reception or speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) in the playground. Please mention it to friends/family/colleagues too. This is a great fund raiser for the school so we it would be brilliant to have as many entrants as possible!
Our Christian Value this term is Creativity. Can your child tell you about Anna and Simeon welcoming new life in the temple?
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: all of them, for being such a super team:
- Ash Class: Harrison, for fantastic work on addition; Grace C, for amazing work on addition;
- Oak Class: Noah M, for excellent maths; Helena, for great attitude to reading assessments;
- Beech Class: Amie, for an excellent result in her maths assessment; Franck, for a fantastic result in his reading assessment;
- Art: Margot, for a great volcano;
- Sport: Jayden, for brilliant engagement all week.
Future events (w/b 11th February)
- Art: Year 2
- Sport: Year 1
- Year 6 Forest School
- Church school inspection
- Year 4 Forest School
- Beech Class are on a trip to Junior Citizen
- Beech Class swimming
- Soup Lunch and Talent Show
Dates for the year
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 09/03/2019 FODS quiz night
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service