Dear parents and carers,
St Nicholas Service – Friday 6th December
This will take place this coming Friday 6th December at 9.15am in the church (sorry for any confusion over timings). This is the service for which children are encouraged to bring a wrapped good quality used toy for us to pass on to a women’s refuge in time for Christmas. It would also be good to receive gift packs of suitable items for the women themselves.
Christmas Bazaar – Friday 13th December
This popular annual event is coming up soon, and for it we will be asking for donations of very small items from each family (if possible, up to 10 items per child). These items may be left at the school office from the beginning of December. They may be wrapped in cellophane, or tied up with ribbon or coloured string. Please do not wrap in Christmas wrapping paper as the children are then unable to see what they are buying. At the Bazaar the items are priced at about 20p each. For the new families, there is a basket of example items on display in the Office.
Christmas Trees – order by tomorrow, 30th November
If you haven’t yet done this, don’t forget to order your Christmas tree from the Friends of Dr South’s NOW! The premium Nordmann Fir (non-drop) trees are delivered directly from a sustainable Scottish plantation to Mill Street in Islip for collection the 7th/8th December (local delivery is also available). They will stay beautifully fresh if left outside in a bucket of water until you are ready to put them up, so don’t worry if you don’t want to start putting up Christmas decorations that early! The trees are available from 4ft to 7ft (or taller on request). Prices: 4ft+: £25, £5ft+: £35, £6ft+: £40, 7ft+: £50, 8ft+: £60. Do tell family and friends too – we are happy to sell to anyone! It is easy to order one – just go to www.tfods.org/ to place an order and pay online. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
The last date to order trees is this Sunday 1st December.
Children’s Christmas party – Friday 13th December.
All are warmly invited to Dr South’s Christmas party on Friday 13th December to celebrate the end of term and the imminent arrival of Christmas! There will be food and drink for children and adults – siblings are welcome too. All children attending must be accompanied by an adult.
More details on timings for this event will be given closer to the date.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Elizabeth, for being a good friend to others;
- Ash Class: Jude, for excellent mental maths this week; Sarah, for a brilliant piece of writing on Guy Fawkes which she completed as voluntary homework;
- Oak Class: Ahana, for always striving to do the best she can; Joe, for putting great effort into the content of his writing;
- Beech Class: Charlotte, for some excellent writing about the thoughts of characters in a poem; Leandro, for dedication and determination when solving Barvember maths problems;
- Sport: Ahana, for a positive attitude towards everything.
- Art: Asher, for intricate work and great perseverance
- Cookery: Zachary, for great effort and input with the questions and for having a think about why we do things; Darcey, for great effort and following instructions.
Our Christian Value this term is Generosity. Ask your child about how we can show generosity to each other.
Future events (w/b 2nd December)
- Cookery: Year 2
- Art: Year 5
- Sport: Year 6
- Year 5 Forest School
- Year 3/4 Forest School
- 9.15am, St Nicholas service
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 06/12/2019 9.15am St Nicholas Service at the church
- 11/12/2019 9.30am Willow Class nativity at school
- Christmas lunch
- 12/12/2019 Pantomime trip
- 13/12/2019 Children’s bazaar
- Reception class vision screening
- Christmas party
- 16/12/2019 Wellbeing Day
- 17/12/2019 2.00pm Ash Class nativity in the church
- End of term
- 18/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 19/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 06/01/2020 Start of term
- 17/01/2020 Beech Class charity event
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed