Dear parents and carers,
This immensely popular event is fast approaching. As usual, Mrs Halsey will do an initial session of quality control, so if your child would like to take part, make sure they are well-prepared and let Mrs Halsey know.
Inside Out Day – Thursday 6th February
As part of our focus on well-being and mental health, we will be supporting Inside out Day next Thursday 6th February. The aim of this campaign is to encourage children to wear an item of clothing inside out and reflect on how they and their friends are feeling on the inside.
Children can wear their own clothes on this day and wear one item inside out. We would also ask for an optional donation of £1 which will be passed onto a mental health charity to support the work they carry out.
During Science Week last term, the children undertook a range of different activities. I am pleased to say one activity had a write-up on the Department of Oncology website. You can read all about it here: https://www.oncology.ox.ac.uk/blog/fair-tests-and-fruit/. Many thanks to Naomi McGregor and Sarah Pearson for facilitating this.
Soup lunch and talent show – Friday 14th February
It is only two weeks until the soup lunch and talent show! The children are busy practising for this fun event and it is a good fundraiser for the Friends so please come along to support it if you can. As usual the Friends will be providing a hot lunch to children and parents before the talent show. A letter and order form for the soup lunch has been sent out separately and we would be grateful if all replies could be returned by Friday 7th February.
If you are able help with this event in anyway, e.g. by making a batch of soup/chilli or cupcakes or help to set up or to serve on the day, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your class rep. Thank you!
Next week we will welcome back ex-pupil Megan Tame for work experience for two weeks. She will be working in various classrooms during her time with us; I am sure the children and staff will make her welcome.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Eleanor, for incredible maths and writing;
- Ash Class: Jacob, for bring inquisitive and asking lots of questions to improve his learning; Bear, for his improved handwriting;
- Oak Class: Solomon, for a fantastic information leaflet; Freya, for being a kind friend;
- Beech Class: Charlotte, for great understanding and concentration in maths; Margot, for a thoughtful diary entry about the first journey on an underground train;
- Sport: Logan, for great determination, focus and understanding during this week’s challenges;
- Art: Flossie, for excellent colour blending and focus;
- Cookery: Louis, for a positive attitude and following instructions well.
Our Christian Value this term is Truthfulness. Ask your child about St Lucy speaking the truth about her faith. Ask your child also about Holocaust Memorial Day
Future events (w/b 3rd February)
- Cookery: Ash
- Art: Year 5
- Sport: Year 6
- Forest School – Year 6
- Forest School – Year 4
- Reception/Year 6 Heights and Weights measurement
- Inside Out Day – wear a piece of clothing inside out
- Y5/6 Hockey tournament
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 06/02/2020 Inside Out Day
- 11/02/2020 Beech Class trip
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 10/03/2020 Parent consultations – Years 1 to 6
- 11/03/2020 Parent consultations – Willow Class
- 12/03/2020 Parent consultations – all
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 01/09/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 02/09/2020 Start of term