We have had a wonderful start to the year. All has been calm and there has been a fabulous atmosphere of hard studying. Thank you for your support in getting the children to school on time ready to learn.
Health and Fitness
From Year 1 upwards, each child has at least two PE lessons a week, and each year group also does a week’s intensive health and fitness on a six week rota basis. It is usually best to keep PE kits in school, but we will indicate in the newsletter which year groups need the kit for the whole week.
Meet the Teacher
Do please come to the class meetings next week (Y1 upwards). The teachers will go through routines, homework, key days and also talk about how best to support your child. As always, though, if you have an individual issue you wish to discuss, please make an appointment to see your child’s teacher.
- Monday 12th September, 3.00pm – Ash Class (Y1/2)
- Tuesday 13th September, 3.15pm – Beech Class (Y5/6)
- Wednesday 14th September, 3.00pm – Oak Class (Y3/4)
Welcome Back BBQ – Sunday 18th September
The Friends of Dr South’s warmly invite all families to a ‘Welcome BBQ’ next Sunday, 18th September from 3-5pm at Islip Village Hall. There will be plenty of food and drink, plus rounders for the more energetic. It would be great to see lots of people there, so please come along (even just for a short time) to catch up with friends, meet new parents and enjoy the end of summer sunshine.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Isabella, for being a great role model and helping everybody to settle;
- Ash Class: Harley, for great listening and being ready to work; Abra, for a brilliant holiday diary;
- Oak Class: George, for setting a fantastic example in behaviour and work; all of Year 4, for focusing well on work in the classroom and friendships in the playground;
- Beech Class: Joseph, for displaying great maturity and enthusiasm in his first week; Justin, for a positive approach to all his learning.
Future events (w/b 12th September)
- Cookery – Year 2
- Health and Fitness – Year 3
- Cooper Building – Year 4
- Ash Class meeting 3.00pm
- Forest School for Year 6
- Beech Class meeting 3.15pm
- Oak Class meeting 3.00pm
- Governors’ Teaching and Learning Committee
- String lessons begin
- Full Governing Body meeting
Our Christian value for the term is Friendship. Ask your child about David and Jonathan, and about Jacob and Esau.