Dear parents and carers,
Thank you for all the entries in the poster and model competitions; we had an enormous number of entries. There is not space this week to put all the winners, so they will be announced in assembly on Monday and put into next week’s newsletter.
Everybody is warmly invited to join the community at the War Memorial at 10.45am on Sunday. The children have thought deeply about World War One and have prepared objects to be used. It would be lovely to see you there.
Children in Need
This is next Friday. We will be doing non-uniform and a cake sale. Watch for details next week.
This is a reminder that we have numbers for sale for the 100 Club. This is a new academic year and so if you have held numbers previously you need to re-purchase them in order to stay in the draws. As with previous years the numbers are £10 each for the whole year and this means that if you will be entered into each of the 10 draws for the academic year. If we manage to sell all 100 numbers it means that the Sparkle Fund receives £50 per month over the year to help fund enrichment for all our children (art resources, additional books etc) and the prizes for number holders are as follows: 1st Prize £25, 2nd Prize £15 and 3rd Prize £10.
We have already had the first draw but it would be great to sell the remaining numbers before the next draw on 29th November. Please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily Y4 and Grace Y1).
Christmas Trees – order by 25th November
Following fantastic feedback in previous years, the Friends of Dr South’s are selling Christmas trees once again to raise money for the Sparkle Fund. The premium Nordmann Fir (non-drop) trees are delivered directly from a Scottish plantation to Mill Street in Islip for collection the first weekend in December. They will stay beautifully fresh if left outside in a bucket of water until you are ready to put them up, so don’t worry if you don’t want to start putting up Christmas decorations that early! The trees are available from 4ft to 7ft (or taller on request). Prices: 4ft+: £25, 5ft+: £35, 6ft+: £40, 7ft+: £50. Do tell family and friends too – we are happy to sell to anyone! An order form has been emailed out to complete and return to the office. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and to ask any questions.
Children’s Christmas party – Friday 14th December.
Please save the date for a party to celebrate the (almost!) end of term and the and the imminent arrival of Christmas! We will be planning the party on Friday 23rd November, straight after school drop off so please join us if you can.
Islip Carol Concert
All children aged 7 and up are invited to sing in the carol service at 6pm on Sunday 16th December. There will be rehearsals at 4pm starting this Sunday until 9th December. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com for more details.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Darcey, for being such a wonderful role model;
- Ash Class: Harrison, for great effort and work in science; Zoe, for fantastic work based on Room on the Broom;
- Oak Class: Lily G, for excellent presentation in her descriptive writing; Helena, for great work on fractions;
- Beech Class: Flyn, for great skills in PE when playing ball games; Sylvia, for a fabulous short story;
- Sport: Jake, for following instructions really well and participating beautifully all week;
- Art: Hermione, for wonderful work.
Our Christian Value this term is Peace. Can your child tell you about the Beatitudes? Can they tell you about the trenches of World War One?
Future events (w/b 12th November)
- Cookery: Oak
- Art: Year 2
- Sport: Year 1
- Forest School – Year 5
- Mrs Forde is on Emotional Literacy training
- Mr Morgan is on MIS training
- Forest School – Year 3
- Mrs Brees is away
Wed 14th/Thu 15th
- Mrs Talbot and Miss Barnhill are on phonics training – the class will be taught by Mrs Barnhill
- Cross country tournament for some children
- Children in Need Day – cake sale and non-uniform
- Tag Rugby final for our successful team – good luck!
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 16/11/2018 Children in Need – non-uniform and cake sale
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 12/12/2018 Oak and Beech classes singing to the Islip Lunch Club
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 18/12/2018 Christmas Lunch
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 Non-uniform day raising funds for an international charity
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service