Dear parents and carers,
Congratulations to the hockey team from Beech Class who yesterday won the local competition. They will go on to represent us in the area tournament. Thank you to Mrs Brees for training them and well done to them for doing so brilliantly.
Ash Class Assembly
I hope you enjoyed the assembly led by Ash Class. They have had great fun learning about many different things, particularly Monet, and it is always good when they can present their learning to an audience.
Beech Class Charity Event – Friday 16th March
The children in Beech Class are running a cake sale to raise money for IMPS (Injury Minimisation Programme for Schools). They will have gone on a trip to the John Radcliffe Hospital on Wednesday organised by IMPS, and as part of that they are asked to raise funds for the organisation in return. Do arrive at school any time from 3.00pm onwards to buy supplies for the weekend.
The Parish Council has arranged for a village spring clean on Saturday 17th March. If you are able to help (with or without children), please meet at the Red Lion at 10.00am.
It is lovely that there is such a supportive atmosphere at the school, and parents look out for other people’s children. We do have a duty to ensure the children’s safety, however, so we will be tightening up our end of day procedures to make sure that children go home with a trusted adult. If you would like to allow your child to go home with anybody other than a parent, please complete the emailed form or pick one up from the office. If we do not have permission from you, we will be unable to let the children go.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Audrey, for being a positive and supportive friend;
- Ash Class: Milly N, for great Monet writing; Jak, for amazing work on fractions;
- Oak Class: Abra, for good work on telling the time; Frankie, for a lovely hero story;
- Beech Class: Jamie, for fabulous work on short multiplication; Islay, for a brilliant formal report;
- Art Award: Harry, for great design work;
- Sports Award: William, for great enthusiasm and eager participation in a variety of activities;
- Cooking Award: Abra, for increased confidence when completing tasks; Emily, for increased confidence in her own abilities.
Our Christian Value for the term is Compassion. What can your child tell you about caring for elderly people? Can your child tell you about the story of Ruth and Naomi? How can we show compassion for elderly friends and neighbours?
Future events (w/b 12th March)
- Cookery – Ash Class
- Art and Design – Year 4
- Health and Fitness – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 3
- Fire Engine visit (Ash and Willow Classes)
- Forest School – Year 5
- Mr Morgan is at a headteachers’ meeting
- Support staff are receiving on site training in the afternoon
- Mrs Watson is on a training course
- Oak Class trip
- Beech Class trip
- Mrs Cornish is on a training course in the afternoon
- Oak Class swimming
- Visit from the bursar
- Beech Class charity event
- Miss Goater is away
Dates for the year
- 10/03/2018 Quiz night
- 14/03/2018 Oak Class trip
- Beech Class trip
- 16/03/2018 Beech Class charity event
- 19/03/2018 Sport Relief week
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term