As ever, the children in Willow Class won us all over with their beautiful retelling of the Christmas story. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
It was lovely to see so many of you at the Christingle service this week. I thought the children showed enormous focus and concentration and were a credit to you all. We raised £408.02 for the Children’s Society to help them in their work with disadvantaged families; thank you for your support. Beech Class’s Christingle artwork is on display in St Nicholas’ Church which includes the stained glass windows in the porch windows. Here are some photos (with thanks to Amy Griffiths):
Sorry for the confusion about dates. This will be next Thursday 15th December, and the Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building will be transformed into a Christmas grotto for the day. Please do send in your small gifts suitable for purchase by children.
All are invited to join us at 2.00pm at the church next Friday 16th December for the Ash Class carol service.
Please note that dogs on site are covered by a strict risk assessment. Drop-off and pick-up are busy times, so the policy states that no dogs at all are allowed in the playground at that time.
As part of the conversion process to an academy, we had a visit from the Diocese to evaluate our position. Although it was not a formal Ofsted visit, and there is no published report, it was led by a lead Ofsted inspector who graded the school as at least good in all areas with much outstanding practice. Many thanks to the staff for all their hard work. I count myself lucky to be leading such a strong team.
We finish for the holiday at 3.15pm next Friday 16th December and the children return to school at 8.50am on Thursday 5th January. Don’t forget the pantomime trip on Friday 6th January – you may wish your child to have a small packet of sweets and a non-fizzy drink in a plastic bottle. As we will be late back to school that day, normal hot dinners will not be available, so please provide your child with a packed lunch. If you are entitled to free dinners and wish to have a packed lunch provided, please let the office know by next Wednesday 14th if you would like a packed lunch provided to give us time to order supplies.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: all of them, for a wonderful nativity performance;
- Ash Class: Joe, for great concentration during the Christingle; Noah O, for a lovely retelling of the Christmas story;
- Oak Class: Emily, for a lovely character description; Porsha, for consistent hard work in all areas all term;
- Beech Class: Matti, for showing good skills using and applying maths; Daisy, for showing a mature and sensible attitude in class;
Future events (w/b 12th December)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Cooper Building Art – Year 3
- Sport week – Year 4
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
- String lessons including playing carols for Christmas dinner
- Oak and Beech classes are singing for the pensioners’ lunch
- Children’s Bazaar
- No swimming
Useful dates for the year
- 15/12/16 Children’s bazaar
- 16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
- End of Autumn Term 2
- 05/01/17 8.50am Start of term
- 06/01/17 Pantomime trip
- 10/02/17 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- End of Spring Term 1
- 20/02/17 8.50am Start of Spring Term 2
- 22/02/17 Parent consultations
- 23/02/17 Parent consultations
- 01/03/17 Oak Class charity event
- 24/03/17 Red Nose Day
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- End of Spring Term 2
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- End of Summer Term 2
Our Christian value for the term is Generosity. Ask your child about the Prince of Peace.