We have had a wonderful start to the year. All has been calm and there has been a fabulous atmosphere of hard studying. Thank you for your support in getting the children to school on time ready to learn.
I am very pleased to welcome several new families to the school. In Nursery, we welcome Jenson, Jude and Amelie, in Reception we welcome Hermione, Harrison, Bella, Seth and Hannah, in Year 1 we welcome Asher, in Year 2 we welcome Freya, in Year 3 we welcome Seth and in Year 6 we welcome Amelie. Do please say hello to them and their parents in the playground.
Meet the Teacher
Do please come to the class meetings next week. The teachers will go through routines, homework, key days and also talk about how best to support your child. As always, though, if you have an individual issue you wish to discuss, please make an appointment to see your child’s teacher.
- Tuesday 12th September, 3.00pm – Oak Class (Y4/5)
- Wednesday 13th September, 3.00pm – Beech Class (Y5/6)
- Thursday 14th September, 3.00pm – Ash Class (Y1/2)
- Thursday 14th September, 7.00pm – Willow Class (Reception and Nursery)
- Friday 15th September, 2.45pm – Willow Class (Reception and Nursery)
Please note that the Beech Class event will also include information about the forthcoming residential trip.
There are also a number of events planned to help you support your child with different aspects of learning (listed below in dates for the year).
Next week is Equalities Week, when we consider aspects of equality and discrimination in greater depth. We will be pleased to welcome Elizabeth Wright, Paralympic swimmer, to our school on Thursday afternoon, and will be examining particularly how people are affected by disability and the reaction of others towards them.
Today we say goodbye to Mrs Talbot as she begins her maternity leave. We wish her and her family well and look forward to meeting Talbot Junior in due course.
If anyone has any cooking apples or plums that they are happy to donate, please could you drop them off to Serinne to be used in cooking sessions.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Amelia, for a really mature attitude in the classroom;
- Ash Class: Jake, for amazing maths; Freya, for settling so well;
- Oak Class: Seth, for brilliant science work; Hollie, for great literacy;
- Beech Class: Ruby, for hard work in everything; Gloria, for amazing output in literacy.
Our Christian value for the term is Responsibility. Can your child tell you about different responsibilities we can be given.
Future events (w/b 11th September)
- Health and Fitness – Year 2
- Art and Design – Year 1
- Oak Class meeting 3.00pm
- Beech Class meeting 3.00pm
- Ash Class meeting 3.00pm
- Willow Class meeting 7.00pm
- Willow Class meeting 2.45pm
Dates for the year
- 12/09/2017 3.00pm Oak Class parent meeting
- 13/09/2017 3.00pm Beech Class parent meeting
- 14/09/2017 3.00pm Ash Class parent meeting
- 7.00pm Willow Class parent meeting
- 15/08/2017 2.45pm Willow Class parent meeting
- 20/09/2017 3.45pm Introduction to phonics
- 7.00pm Introduction to phonics
- 28/09/2017 2.30pm Help your child with early maths
- 7.00pm Help your child with early maths
- 05/10/2017 2.30pm Help your child with KS2 maths
- 7.00pm Help your child with KS2 maths
- 06/10/2017 2.00pm Harvest Festival
- 23/10/2017 – 27/10/2017 Half term holiday
- 01/11/2017 Parent consultations
- 02/11/2017 Parent consultations
- 06/12/2017 2.00pm St Nicholas service
- 13/12/2017 Children’s bazaar
- 19/12/2017 2.00pm Nativity and carol service
- End of term
- 04/01/2018 Start of term
- 05/01/2018 Pantomime trip
- 02/02/2018 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 05/02/2018 Beech Class residential
- 12/02/2018 – 16/02/2018 Half term holiday
- 21/02/2018 Parent consultations
- 22/02/2018 Parent consultations
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 14/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term