This was introduced on Monday and was a great success with the children – I hope they told you about it and can tell you who is in their school family. We hope it will help children feel safe and settled in school. If you have any feedback, I would be glad to receive it. There is information about bullying and how to prevent it coming home today.
St Nicholas Service
Thank you for your support for this. The gifts have been passed to a local refuge for children caught up in domestic violence.
Christmas Lunch – Christmas Jumper Day
This will take place on Wednesday 13th December and all are welcome to book in for lunch, even if they do not usually do so. The children have asked about doing a Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children, so we have decided to combine the two events. If your child wishes to wear their Christmas Jumper on Wednesday, they are encouraged to do so. We suggest a donation of £1 which we will collect on the day.
Those of you with children involved should know all about this! You are warmly invited to join us next Thursday 14th for 9.15am. Space is limited so don’t be late.
This will take place next Friday 15th December (please note change of date). Please bring your gifts to the office as soon as you are able, as last year we nearly cancelled it due to the expected lack of items to sell!
Applications are now open for places in Reception (F1) for next September. These can be done online at www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/primaryadmissions although paper applications can also be made. Please note that even if you have a place in our nursery, you still need to apply specifically for Reception. Applications close 15th January 2018.
We currently have a vacancy for a Clerk to the Governors. This is a paid post; you may know of somebody who might be interested. Full details are to be found at the vacancies page on the ODST website. We are, however, prepared to amend the job to be that of a minute taker, with specialist tasks undertaken by a different person. There are six evening meetings per year, with occasional daytime meetings. If you are interested, please contact the school office in the first instance.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Alex, for a great explanation of what it means to be a positive role model;
- Ash Class: Ella, for improving her handwriting; Ethan, for starting to join his handwriting successfully;
- Oak Class: Agnes, for excellent work completing divisions with remainders; Flora, for always being ready to learn with a positive attitude;
- Beech Class: Porsha, for creating beautiful images to include in her poem; Amelie, for fantastic work with fractions and percentages;
- Sport award: Morgan, for a fantastic attitude towards team challenges;
- Art Award: Ruby, for an excellent picture in the style of Peter Blake; Cecily, for a well-thought out design.
Our Christian Value for the term is Thankfulness. We thought this week about Advent and preparation for Christmas.
Future events (w/b 11th December)
- Cookery – Ash Class
- Art and Design – Year 3
- Health and Fitness – Year 4
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
- Christmas Jumper Day
- Christmas lunch
- Oak and Beech children singing to local residents
- Ms Rayner is away on fire safety training
- Willow Class nativity
- Asthma training for staff
- Children’s bazaar
Dates for the year
- 13/12/2017 Christmas lunch
- 14/12/2017 9.15am Willow Class Nativity
- 15/12/2017 Children’s Bazaar
- 19/12/2017 2.00pm Ash Class Nativity and carol service
- End of term
- 04/01/2018 Start of term
- 05/01/2018 Pantomime trip
- 19/01/2018 Oak Class charity event
- 02/02/2018 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 05/02/2018 Beech Class residential
- 12/02/2018 – 16/02/2018 Half term holiday
- 21/02/2018 Parent consultations
- 22/02/2018 Parent consultations
- 01/03/2018 World Book Day
- 09/03/2018 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 16/03/2018 Beech Class charity event
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term