Dear parents and carers,
Welcome back! I hope you had a good break and enjoyed relaxing in the (mostly) good weather. Thank you for your words and gifts of encouragement and support at the end of the summer term. All the staff feel hugely supported by the parent body and it is lovely to have such a good working partnership with you.
We begin the year with a focus on issues around Equalities. All of next week the children will look at certain areas such as racial equality, disability issues and homophobia. Do talk to your child’s teacher to find out more. As part of this, Beech Class will present their findings in their class assembly next Friday at 2.30pm in the school hall. Do come along to hear what they have been learning.
Meet the Teacher
Many of you have children starting with new teachers so do come and meet them next week and find out about class routines. On Monday at 3.00pm, Mrs Watson will be talking about Beech Class (including the residential), on Tuesday at 3.00pm Mrs Cornish will be talking about Oak Class, and on Wednesday at 2.45pm Mrs Talbot will be talking about Ash Class. If you cannot make those times, do introduce yourself to the teacher when you can.
We welcome our new staff Mrs Emma Conroy who will be working in breakfast club and in Oak class, and Miss Sariah Barnhill who will be working in Ash Class. Do introduce yourselves to them; I’m sure you’ll make them very welcome.
I am pleased to let you know that Hannah Penwarden has been elected to serve as Parent Governor. Thank you to her and Nancy Dickmann for putting themselves forward for this task. I am also pleased to let you know that Mrs Halsey is the new staff governor. We are now in the process of appointing a Foundation (church) governor and I will report back on that once completed. The governors do an enormously important job in terms of supporting, challenging and developing the school, so I am always very grateful to everybody who gets involved in this way. Many thanks to the departing governors, Amy Griffiths and Paul Baker.
The pattern for this for the autumn and spring terms will be Beech Class on Mondays and Oak Class on Tuesdays. This starts for Year 6 on Monday 17th September and Year 4 on Tuesday 18th September. If you would like to volunteer to help at any of the sessions, please contact the school office.
This starts for children in Beech Class next Friday 14th September. A separate letter will be sent regarding this.
Most of the dates for the year have now been determined and are listed below and on the website. Please do check them and write them in and note that half term dates may not be as you expected.
Our Christian Value this term is Courage. Ask your child what this word means to them.
Future events (w/b 10th September)
- 3.00pm Beech Class meeting
- 3.00pm Oak Class meeting
- Full Governors’ meeting
- 2.45pm Ash Class meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- 2.30pm – Beech Class Assembly
Dates for the year
- 14/09/2018 2.30pm – Beech Class Assembly
- 28/09/2018 7.00pm – Supper Recital
- 05/10/2018 2.00pm – Harvest Festival
- 12/10/2018 3.00pm – Oak Class charity event
- 22/10/2018 Half term week
- 29/10/2018 Science week
- 02/11/2018 2.30pm – Oak Class Assembly
- 06/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 07/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 16/11/2018 Children in Need – non-uniform
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 non-uniform day
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 non-uniform day
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term