Dear Parents and Carers,
Ash and Willow Class Production
Thank you to the staff and children for a brilliant production this week. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Particular thanks to Mrs Jaggard for masterminding the whole event.
Oak and Beech Class Production
Don’t forget that you are warmly invited to the Village Hall to watch this production. Do join us this coming Thursday 13th July at 1.30pm (particularly for those with small children) or at 6.00pm.
Islip Village Fete – Saturday 8th July
Don’t forget the Islip Village Fete tomorrow. Do come along between 12 noon and 5pm to enjoy yourself at the dog show (1pm), funfair, falconry display (2.30pm) and lots of ice cream.
Ash Class Sharing Assembly – Friday 14th July
All are invited to the school hall at 2.30pm to find out what Ash Class have been learning this term.
Don’t forget this will be at 9.30am on Tuesday 18th July, and will be followed by a family picnic.
Jacobs Field Picnic – Wednesday 19th July
Parents of children in Ash Class are encouraged to join the children for a trip to Jacob’s Field. Be there at 11 to look round – bring a picnic to enjoy yourself fully! We should be finished by about 1.00pm.
For both of the above events, a school packed lunch will be available for eligible children. Make sure you let the office know if you require one.
Leavers’ Service – Friday 21st July
We will be saying goodbye to our Year 6 children at this service to be held in church at 2.00pm on the last day of term, Friday 21st July. Do come along to bid them farewell.
You may or may not know that The Friends run a 100 Club to raise money for the school each month. We have 10 draws each academic year and thus the purchase of each number for the year is £10. Each month the money is split with 50% going to the school, 25% for first prize, 15% for second prize and 10% for third prize. The Friends are now looking to try and sell numbers for next year’s draws. Anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a ticket so please ask friends and family if they want numbers as well. If you are interested then please contact Nicole Tucker (Grace (nursery) & Lily’s (Year 2) Mum), firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am delighted to say that staffing is sorted for September and details will be sent with reports next week. We will be saying goodbye to Miss Preedy, Mrs Tipping and Mr Evans. I would like to thank them for their hard work and wish them well for the future.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow: Felix, for being a helpful friend;
- Ash: Ethan, for being a brilliant bee; Clara, for being a stupendous spider;
- Oak: Alice, for great focus during rehearsals; Poppy, for demonstrating good knowledge about British geography;
- Beech: Morgan, for brilliant singing; Jonny, for using descriptive language well when writing poetry.
Future events (w/b Monday 10th July)
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Art and Sport – Ash Class
- We welcome Lauren Watson and Holly Blyth on work experience.
- Mrs Barnhill is away
- Mrs Brees is at a training course
- No Forest School
- We welcome our new Reception children coming from out of school placements
- No Forest School
- Oak and Beech Class performances in the village Hall – 1.30pm and 6.00pm
- Swimming – Beech Class
- Ash Class sharing assembly – 2.30pm
Useful dates for the year
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 17/07/17 Transfer morning
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- 06/09/17 8.50am Start of school
Our Christian value for the term is Service. Can your child tell you about people who serve their country?