Dear parents and carers,
Inside Out Day
Thank you for your support of this venture. We hope that the children are gradually becoming more aware of the need to look after their mental health and the need to look after each other. We raised £73.10 which will be donated to Young Minds.
World Book Day – Thursday 5th March
The theme of this year’s event is Share a Story. We shall be organising various events throughout the day and inviting the children to dress as their favourite book character. More details to follow – but you will have half term to think about this and organise an outfit.
Year 5/6 Hockey
This was cancelled due to the frosty weather and a slippery surface. It has been rearranged for Tuesday 25th February. A letter will be sent out shortly.
Soup Lunch and Talent Show – Friday 14th February
A quick reminder that it is the annual soup lunch and talent show next Friday. Do come along to enjoy a delicious lunch and to support the children, who are all busy practising their various performances! A letter went out last week, with an order form for the soup and jacket potato lunch. Please could all parents complete and return the form by Monday 10th February.
Thank you to everyone who has offered to make something for the soup lunch. We still need more soup/chilli/cake makers and lunch servers so we would love to hear from you if you are able to help. You can either speak to your class rep or email us at [email protected] Thank you!
Many thanks to Anita Unwin, the Forest School team and the Year 6 children who completed the tree-planting in the playing field. This was a joint project with the village which was designed to restore our natural environment and we will look forward to watching the trees grow.
Save the date: Quiz Night – Saturday 28th March
It is the ever-popular Dr South’s quiz night on Saturday 28th March. This is a great evening, with delicious food and drink and a fantastic quiz full of brain teasers and puzzles. More details to follow but please put it in your diary now!
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Samuel, for positive behaviour in the classroom;
- Ash Class: Zachary, for showing great persistence in his writing; Bella, for becoming more independent in the classroom;
- Oak Class: Ahana, for fantastic work in maths; Logan, for a brilliant attitude towards everything this week;
- Beech Class: Seth, for great participation in the JEMS science event; Emily, for great focus when multiplying decimals;
- Cookery: Molly H, for a positive outlook, following instructions and helping others.
Our Christian Value this term is Truthfulness. Ask your child about Saul on the road to Damascus. Can your child tell you about different optical illusions?
Future events (w/b 10th February)
- Cookery: Ash
- Art: Year 3/4
- Sport: Year 3/4
- Forest School – Year 6
- Beech Class trip
- Forest School – Year 3/4
- Governors’ Finance meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- Soup Lunch and Talent Show
Dates for the year
- 11/02/2020 Beech Class trip
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 10/03/2020 Parent consultations – Years 1 to 6
- 11/03/2020 Parent consultations – Willow Class
- 12/03/2020 Parent consultations – all
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 01/09/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 02/09/2020 Start of term