We finish for the holiday today at 3.15pm and return on Monday 24th April. Please note that term and holiday dates for the next two years are already on the website so do check them before booking holidays.
Congratulations to children from Beech Class who took part in an indoor athletics tournament this week. Both the girls’ team and the boys’ team won!
Big Bike Ride – Sunday 7th May – 4 weeks to go!
Places in the Big Bike Ride are selling quickly and we are delighted that over 100 riders have now signed up. However, we would love to have even more riders, with lots of Dr South’s parents taking part, so please sign up soon to guarantee your place, especially if you need transport to London. Don’t forget to tell your family and friends too. Sign up at: ww.islipbigbikeride.com
The ride from Westminster is a great personal challenge and the Thame ride is perfect for those with less energy and shorter legs. Several children are cycling from Thame – do encourage yours to join in too!
A letter about the children’s rides around Islip is being sent out by email so please look out for it. There is a 4 mile ride around Islip, a decorate your bike competition and a short flat ride for younger children on bikes, trikes or scooters. There will be prizes for the winners and medals for all. It would be brilliant if children taking part in the 4 mile ride could collect sponsorship to raise extra money for the school.
The Friends of Dr South’s are in charge of the finish line activities and refreshments and we would be very grateful for offers of help with marshalling the children’s rides, running the bouncy castle, baking jacket potatoes and making chilli con carne or cakes. All offers of help gratefully received at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Sophie or Niki.
The March winners for the 100 Club are as follows: 1st Prize – Hattie & Simon Bayly – £20; 2nd Prize – Nicola Cooke – £12; 3rd Prize – Penny Keens – £8; Dr South’s benefited from £41.
There are a few numbers left so please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily Yr2 & Grace Nursery Mum) if you would like to purchase a number for just £4.
I have had reports of children from the school dropping litter over at the Village Hall play park. Please do keep an eye out if you are over there, and if your child uses it after school unsupervised, please remind them of the need to keep it tidy.
We today say goodbye to James, Piers and Tom, together with Marie and Stuart, as they move away from the area. I would like to thank them for their great support for the school over several years, and wish them well for the future.
Future events (w/b Monday 24th April)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Art – Year 5
- Sport – Year 6
- No Forest School – Year 3
- No Forest School – Year 5
- Governors’ Finance, Premises and Personnel Committee meeting
- Visit by student teacher in Willow
- String lessons
- Swimming – Oak Class
- Ash Class visit to Jacob’s Field
Useful dates for the year
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 01/05/17 May Bank Holiday – school closed
- 07/05/17 Islip Big Bike Ride
- 08/05/17 Year 6 assessment week (SATS)
- 15/05/17 Year 2 assessment week
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 12/06/17 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 26/06/17 Beech Class residential
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
Our Christian value for the term has been Humility. Can your child remember about Joseph and his brothers, the washing of the feet, Daedalus and Icarus, the Tower of Babel, St Columba, David and the shepherd boy and Moses and the journey to the Promised Land?