Help your child with KS2 maths
Thank you to Mrs Watson and Mrs Cornish for running this. There was a lot of information, both from this and the meeting on early maths. Documentation from both presentations will be loaded on the website in the near future. If you have any further questions about things to do at home, do ask one of the teachers.
Thank you for your contributions and support for this. I hope you enjoyed the service.
Please make sure you have returned this. We need 100% return, so please send it back to save us chasing you.
This is a reminder that we have numbers for sale for the 100 Club. This is a new academic year and so if you have held numbers previously you need to re-purchase them in order to stay in the draws. The numbers are £10 each for the whole year and this means that you will be entered into each of the 10 draws for the academic year. If we manage to sell all 100 numbers it means that the Sparkle Fund receives £50 per month over the academic year to help fund enrichment for all our children (art resources, additional books etc). The prizes for number holders are 1st prize £25, 2nd Prize £15, 3rd Prize £10. If you would like a chance to win from the first draw on 19th October then please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily – Y3 & Grace – Reception).
I hope you and your children like the new markings. We will be developing games with the children over the coming weeks. Many thanks to the Friends of Dr South’s for funding this.
Next week we are joined by two students on work experience, Stanley Ward and Moritz Oberwinter. They will be based in different locations around the school.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Matthew, for a positive attitude to trying lots of new things;
- Ash Class: Isabella, for super maths; Jack, for his enthusiastic learning;
- Oak Class: Lily, for excellent time telling; Mia, for a dramatic performance in a Roman role play;
- Beech Class: Sylvia, for excellent general knowledge about Ancient Egypt; Islay, for amazing instructions;
- Sport Award: Amie, for showing great care and respect whilst participating in activities;
- Art Award: Clara, for excellent design work and superb behaviour all week;
Certificates will be handed out in Monday’s assembly.
Our Christian Value for the term is Responsibility. Ask the children how they show responsibility through giving. Do they use resources wisely?
Future events (w/b 9th October)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Art and Design – Year 6
- Health and Fitness – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 4
- Forest School – Year 6
- Mrs Halsey is on a training course.
- String lessons
- All teachers are having maths training in the afternoon.
Dates for the year
- 23/10/2017 – 27/10/2017 Half term holiday
- 01/11/2017 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 02/11/2017 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 10/11/2017 2.30pm Beech Class assembly
- 17/11/2017 Children in Need
- 06/12/2017 2.00pm St Nicholas service
- 13/12/2017 Children’s bazaar
- 14/12/2017 9.15am Willow Class Nativity
- 19/12/2017 2.00pm Nativity and carol service
- End of term
- 04/01/2018 Start of term
- 05/01/2018 Pantomime trip
- 19/01/2018 Oak Class charity event
- 02/02/2018 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 05/02/2018 Beech Class residential
- 12/02/2018 – 16/02/2018 Half term holiday
- 21/02/2018 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 22/02/2018 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 01/03/2018 World Book Day
- 09/03/2018 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 16/03/2018 Beech Class charity event
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term