Dear parents and carers,
It was lovely to see so many of you at the Sport Morning on Tuesday – I hope you enjoyed it. Many thanks to the Friends of Dr South’s for organising the refreshments and to the staff for stepping up to organise it in the absence of Mrs. Brees.
The Jacobs’ Field
Parents of children in Ash Class are invited to join us at Jacobs’ Field for a session on Friday 13th July. We would ask for parents to meet us at 11am for a tour and the opportunity to look at the work the children have completed this term. Lunch will be provided as usual for the children and you would be very welcome to bring your own picnic should you wish to join the children for lunch.
Islip Summer Fete – tomorrow, Saturday 7th July, 12-5pm
The Islip Summer Fete is tomorrow! It should be a fun day for the whole family so do come along. Friends of Dr South’s will be running children’s entertainments and races during the afternoon. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help with this. We hope to see you tomorrow.
Ash and Willow Production
Family and Friends are very welcome to join us in the Village Hall at 2.00pm this coming Wednesday 11th July for a production of Hansel and Gretel. They have worked hard preparing it so do come along and enjoy watching.
Oak and Beech Production
This will take place at 1.30pm and 6.00pm on Thursday 19th July. Do come along and enjoy yourself. If there is any difficulty about getting your child to the evening performance, please let us know now.
Forest School has now finished for the year. I hope your child (Y3-6) has enjoyed it. Many thanks to Mrs Jaggard for organising it and to the army of volunteers who make it possible.
You should have received an e-mail and letter yesterday outlining staffing details to the autumn. If you missed this, or have any questions, please see your child’s teacher or ask in the office.
You should have received a letter explaining the parent governor election process. Please consider if this is something you could offer and ask at the office if you have any queries.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Seth, for showing great sportsmanship at sports day;
- Ash Class: Isabella, for lovely invitation writing; Annabel, for showing bravery during sports day;
- Oak Class: Charlie, for a diary entry as Pig Puppet; Amie, for an excellent result in her maths assessment;
- Beech Class: Jayden, for superb participation at sports day; Millie, for superb acting in play rehearsals;
- Cooking Award: Ella, for a positive approach;
- Art Award: Helena, for exemplary behaviour, wonderful sewing and a stunning rainforest scene in pastels;
- Sports Award: Margot, for great determination and focus in all challenges.
Our Christian Value this term is Perseverance. Can your child give you examples of showing perseverance this term?
Future events (w/b 9th July)
- Cookery – Ash Class
- Art – Year 1
- Sport – Year 2
- Year 4 sport trip
- Ash and Willow Class production, 2.00pm in the Village Hall
- Year 6 trip
- Full Governing Body meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- Parent picnic at the Jacobs’ Field
Dates for the year
- 07/07/2018 Islip Village Fete
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 20/07/2018 Transfer Morning – meet your new class
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term
- 04/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 05/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 06/09/2018 Start of term