Dear parents and carers,
Thank you for your understanding about the closure last week – I hope the children enjoyed their time in the snow!
Ash Class Assembly – Friday 8th February
This will now be held this coming Friday at 2.30pm in the school hall and will be followed by………
Beech Class Charity Event
Do come and support the children in Beech Class who will be running their annual charity event this coming Friday 8th February at 3.00pm in the playground. Please turn up with lots of change to spend. They will be running a variety of stalls, including edibles and activities, raising money for a dementia charity.
Health and Safety
Last week we had our annual H&S inspection. I am very pleased to report that for the second year running we scored 100%. Well done and many thanks to Katie, Chrissy, Jean and Raffy for looking after our school and keeping it clean and safe.
Soup Lunch and Talent Show – Friday 15th February
Two weeks to go until the soup lunch and talent show! This is a fun event and a good fundraiser for the Friends so we would love to have your support. A letter and order form for the soup lunch has been sent out separately and we would be grateful if all replies could be returned by Friday 8th February.
If you are able to make a batch of soup/chilli or cupcakes or help to serve on the day, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Dr Souths’ 100 Club
The winners for the January draw are: 1st Prize – Miriam Marsden; 2nd Prize – Janice Johnstone; 3rd Prize – Lucy Nicholson.
There are still numbers available so please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily – Y4 and Grace – Y1) if you want to be in with a chance to win.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
We have lots of posters and flyers advertising the Big Bike Ride that we would love to distribute in as many places as possible. If you can put up a poster or leave some flyers in your work place, gym or local community centre/library/village hall, please collect some posters/flyers from the school reception or speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) in the playground. Please mention it to friends/family/colleagues too. This is a great fund raiser for the school so we it would be brilliant to have as many entrants as possible!
Our Christian Value this term is Creativity. Can your child tell you about ways we can be creative? Poetry, sculpture, music,………
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Millie, for finding out about animal families;
- Ash Class: Bear, for great work on 3D shapes; Jake, for superb poetry;
- Oak Class: Annabel, for good work on perimeter; Lily T, for a brilliant non-chronological report
- Beech Class: Alice, for great work converting measures; Aoife, for amazing guided reading homework;
- Art: Louis, for fantastic work on Greek pots.
Future events (w/b 4th February)
- Art: Year 5
- Sport: Year 6
- Year 5/6 girls’ swimming team will attend the area final
- Year 6 Forest School
- Miss Hadland is on a training course
- Year 4 Forest School
- Mrs Talbot is on a training course in the afternoon
- Mrs Watson is on a training course in the afternoon
- Some of Year 6 are at a netball tournament
- Governing Body meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- Beech Class charity event
Dates for the year
- 08/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 09/03/2019 FODS quiz night
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service