Don’t forget we are having an open afternoon next Thursday 9th February during which you are welcome to drop into the school any time after 2.00pm to see what goes on. There will then be an open meeting at 3.30pm which all the teaching staff will attend when you are welcome to ask questions about anything to do with school. If there are issues you want covered which might need preparation (eg demonstration of phonic activities), please let the office know in advance.
Soup Lunch and Talent Show
A quick reminder that it is the soup and jacket potato lunch next Friday, followed by the Talent Show. Please make sure you complete and return the reply slip by Monday. It is important that we know what all the children are having (even if it is packed lunch or school dinner) so that we can make sure everyone is the fed! Thank you so much for all the offers of help. If anyone else is able to help, either by making soup, baking a cake or setting up and serving on the day, please let us know at [email protected] or speak to Niki or Sophie. We expect the children to begin performing around 12.45pm and the acts will take place broadly in increasing age order; group items will be interspersed as appropriate.
World Book Day
This annual event is fast approaching and will take place on Thursday 2nd March and we are inviting the children to dress as a book character. There will be a prize for each class for the most imaginative costume. There will also be book themed events on the day.
We are sorry to say that Miss Jones will be leaving at the end of next week and we wish her well in the future. She has been a much valued member of the school community and we would like to make a presentation to her at the Talent Show. If you wish to contribute to this, please hand your money into the office.
I am pleased to be able to let you know that the winners for this month are:
1st Prize – Cam Nicolle, 2nd Prize – Evie Nicholson, 3rd Prize – Penny Keens
There are still a few numbers available and as there are only 6 draws left for the year we are selling the last remaining few numbers for £6 each. Please let Nicole Tucker or your class rep know if you would like a number and be in with a chance to not only help out the school but also win some cash! The money raised from this goes directly to the school and helps to purchase extra items such as art equipment, new books and outdoor play items.
We have to make a few changes to the clubs after the half term holiday. Sadly there will be no music theatre or dance clubs. Construction club will be changing to Wednesdays and will be run by Miss Prud’homme. Please ask in the office if you have any questions about this.
These will take place on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February. Booking sheets will go up in the classrooms on Monday afternoon.
This week we congratulated:
- Cookery: Lily G, for excellent breadcrumb making; Helena, for wonderful listening;
- Art: Mia, for fantastic clay work and a wonderful attitude to learning;
- Sport: Davina, for a positive attitude and great maturity;
- Willow: Ella, for having a happy and positive attitude in the classroom;
- Ash: Lucas, for excellent graph drawing in science; Bella, for writing a brilliant zoo book;
- Oak: Hollie, for fantastic work in maths and reading; Poppy, for being a good friend;
- Beech: Millie, for greatly improved handwriting; Charlotte Gr, for superb note taking.
Future events (w/b Monday 6th February)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Art – Year 4
- Sport – Year 3
- No Forest School
- Jessica is on a First Aid course
- Forest School – Year 6
- Jessica is on a First Aid course
- Beech Class are on a trip to Junior Citizen (no packed lunch needed)
- Open afternoon (2.00pm) and general parent meeting (3.30pm)
- Swimming – Oak Class
- Soup Lunch and Talent Show
Useful dates for the year
- 09/02/17 pm Open afternoon and general parent meeting
- 10/02/17 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- End of Spring Term 1
- 20/02/17 8.50am Start of Spring Term 2
- 22/02/17 Parent consultations
- 23/02/17 Parent consultations
- 01/03/17 Oak Class charity event
- 02/03/17 World Book Day
- 24/03/17 Red Nose Day
- 27/03/17 am Year 5 trip to Gosford Hill School production
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- End of Spring Term 2
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 01/05/17 May Bank Holiday – school closed
- 07/05/17 Islip Big Bike Ride
- 08/05/17 Year 6 assessment week (SATS)
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 12/06/17 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 26/06/17 Beech Class residential
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- End of Summer Term 2
Our Christian value for the term is Truthfulness. Ask your child about the boy who cried wolf.