Dear Parents and Carers,
Ash and Willow Class Production
Don’t forget that you are warmly invited to the Village Hall to watch this production. Do join us at 1.30pm this coming Wednesday 5th July.
New Treasurer Needed
Our excellent treasurer, Keith Stratford is standing down at the end of this term, having generously carried on as Treasurer for an extra year after his son left Dr South’s. We therefore urgently need a new Treasurer for the Friends. The role is ideal for someone with experience of finance or accounting. The main tasks are banking the funds raised from each event, providing cheques as required, keeping accounts up to date and ensuring that we complete our annual submission to the Charity Commission. The role does not take too much time and has the added advantage that you are then excused from all future baking and cooking for the Friends! If you think that you might be able to fill this role for us (or if you know of someone else who could), please speak to Nicola Richardson or Sophie Miller or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Islip Village Fete – Saturday 8th July
It is the Islip Village Fete on Saturday 8th July from 12-5pm and the Friends of Dr South’s will be organising children’s activities and races again. We would love to have some help with this. If you are able to volunteer for a short time, please e-mail the Friends on email@example.com or speak to Nicola Richardson or Sophie Miller.
This week we congratulated:
- Sport: all of Year 3, for a mature and sensible attitude towards PE challenges this week;
- Willow: the whole class, for showing a really helpful and mature attitude in the classroom;
- Ash: Lily G, for a lovely butterfly dance; Lily T, for learning her part in the play so well;
- Oak: Mia, for total engagement during pond dipping; Ruby, for complete focus during play rehearsals.
Future events (w/b Monday 3rd July)
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Art Sport – Beech Class
- We welcome Ellie O’Sullivan and Megan Tame on work experience.
- Teaching Assistant interviews
- No Forest School
- Finance Governors’ meeting
- Mr Morgan is at a Headteachers’ meeting
- Mrs Robertson is at a training course
- No Forest School
- Ash and Willow Class production – 1.30pm
- String lessons, including performance to school
- Epipen training for all staff
- Maths training for teachers
- Swimming – Beech Class
- Mr Morgan is at assessment training
Useful dates for the year
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 17/07/17 Transfer morning
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- 06/092017 8.50am Start of school
Our Christian value for the term is Service. Can your child remember what they have learnt about this topic?