Congratulations to James C, Franck, Jamie O, Archie, Aoife, Imogen, Mia and Flora who represented us well at the Kidlington Partnership dodgeball tournament. I am delighted to say that they won! Congratulations also to Harry and George who took part in the area cross country championships in Sibford this week and came 11th and 17th in the whole of North Oxfordshire.
Friends and family of children in Willow Class are warmly invited to their nativity next Tuesday 6th December at 9.15am in the Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building. Please make sure you sign in at the school office.
We are looking forward to our Christingle service next Tuesday 6th December at 2.00pm in the church. This is a very atmospheric service when we think particularly about children who are less fortunate than ourselves. Your child has brought home a Christingle collecting box in which they can put loose change and perhaps some of their pocket money to be given to the Children’s Society, a charity which works with homeless children. Your child needs to bring this to school in the morning for collection at the service.
Christmas Tabletop sale
Don’t forget the tabletop sale on Friday 9th December from 2-5pm at Islip Village Hall. This is a fun end of term event and a great opportunity for both a pre-Christmas clear out and the purchase of gifts. Thank you to everyone who has donated already – we would be very grateful for more donations of good quality toys, books and children’s clothes. Donations can be left in the office or given directly to Mandy O’Sullivan (Jamie and Phoebe’s mum). We would also love to hear from you if you can bake a cake/biscuits or help to set up, run a stall or clear away. Thank you.
We say goodbye today to Miss Ledster who has been a student teacher in Willow Class for the past few weeks and is returning to college. We have loved having her and wish her well in her future studies.
Rev Lucy is hoping to stage an alternative version of the nativity (Jesus’ Christmas Party) at the Crib Service on Christmas Eve at 4pm in the church this year. There would need to be rehearsals(probably Weds 21/Thurs 22 and possibly Fri 23). If your children will be available and would like to take part, please have a word with Rev Lucy in the playground or email on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01865 379470. Thank you.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Ella, for making lovely links when exploring ice;
- Ash Class: Ethan and Nishan, for brilliant writing;
- Oak Class: Flyn, for great improvement in maths; Jayden, for super enthusiasm in SPAG lessons;
- Beech Class: Cecily and Gabriel, for greatly improved reading comprehension.
- Sport award: Millie M
- Art award: Faith
Future events (w/b 5th December)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Cooper Building Art – Year 4
- Sport week – Year 3
- Mrs Cornish and Mrs Brees are doing First Aid training. Mrs Weston will be teaching Ash Class.
- Forest School – Year 3
- Willow Class Nativity – 9.15am
- Christingle Service – 2.00pm
- No Forest School for Year 5
- String lessons
- Mr Morgan is working at the DfE in London
- Beech Class swimming
- Mr Morgan is working at the DfE in London
- Mrs Watson is at a school improvement course in the afternoon
Useful dates for the year
- 06/12/16 9.15am Willow Class nativity
- 06/12/16 2.00pm Christingle service
- 15/12/16 Children’s bazaar
- 16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
- End of Autumn Term 2
- 05/01/17 8.50am Start of term
- 06/01/17 Pantomime trip
- 10/02/17 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- End of Spring Term 1
- 20/02/17 8.50am Start of Spring Term 2
- 22/02/17 Parent consultations
- 23/02/17 Parent consultations
- 01/03/17 Oak Class charity event
- 24/03/17 Red Nose Day
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- End of Spring Term 2
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- End of Summer Term 2
Our Christian value for the term is Generosity. Ask your child about manna from heaven and the parable of the hidden treasure.