Help your child with early maths
Thank you to Mrs Weston and Miss Prud’homme for organising this meeting. I hope you found it helpful. If you have any further questions about things to do at home, do ask one of them.
Help your child with KS2 maths
These meetings will be held this coming Thursday 5th October at 2.30pm and 7.00pm. Mrs Watson will be taking you through modern maths and ways you can help at home. If you are slightly anxious about what to do when your child asks awkward questions about their homework, this meeting is for you.
Everyone is warmly invited to join us at the church next Friday 6th October at 2.00pm. All the classes will present a short item. We would be grateful for donations of tinned meat or fruit, rice, cereal and long-life milk or fruit juice which will be passed to the North Oxfordshire Foodbank. It would be very helpful if the children could bring these on Thursday so we can prepare the church in advance.
Please make sure you have paid if you want your child to go.
Today the children brought home various pieces of paper which need your attention. Please read the letter and sign and return the data checking sheet, amended if necessary.
This is a reminder that we have numbers for sale for the 100 Club. This is a new academic year and so if you have held numbers previously you need to re-purchase them in order to stay in the draws. The numbers are £10 each for the whole year and this means that you will be entered into each of the 10 draws for the academic year. If we manage to sell all 100 numbers it means that the Sparkle Fund receives £50 per month over the academic year to help fund enrichment for all our children (art resources, additional books etc). The prizes for number holders are 1st prize £25, 2nd Prize £15, 3rd Prize £10. If you would like a chance to win from the first draw on 19th October then please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily – Y3 & Grace – Reception).
Over the next few weeks there will be a further transformation of the playground. Next week will see markings for games on the tarmac (funded by the Friends of Dr South’s) and during the week beginning 16th October there will be further play equipment installed beyond the fencing (funded by a Big Lottery grant and school funds). I hope that the children will enjoy the new additions.
I have received complaints about inconsiderate parking on Kidlington Road, including parking on grass verges and parking partly on pavements. Please do not get the school a bad name in this respect. Don’t forget you can park for a short time in the surgery car park for drop-off and pick-up.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Harrison, for good manners in the classroom;
- Ash Class: Zoe, for brilliant writing; Jak, for a lovely retelling of a story;
- Oak Class: Zach, for working really well in maths; George, for great diary entries;
- Beech Class: Joseph B, for being an algebraic genius; Amelie J, for superb effort at times tables;
- Sport Award: Millie B for fantastic listening;
- Art Award: Jak, for thoughtful and detailed drawing of fruit;
- Cookery award: Amelie P, for showing great enthusiasm for cookery; Islay, for brilliant health and hygiene in the kitchen.
Our Christian Value for the term is Responsibility. Ask the children how they use their time responsibly. They were challenged in assembly to do one extra action this week to help other people. What did your child do?
Future events (w/b 2nd October)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Art and Design – Year 3
- Health and Fitness – Year 4
- Forest School – Year 4
- Mrs Watson is on a training course. The class will be taught by Mrs Barnhill.
- Vision screening for children in Reception (F1).
- Forest School – Year 6
- Governors’ Finance sub-committee meeting
- Mr Morgan is at a Partnership Headteachers’ meeting.
- String lessons
- Help your child with KS2 maths (aimed mostly at Oak and Beech parents) – 2.30pm and 7.00pm
- Harvest Festival
Dates for the year
- 05/10/2017 2.30pm Help your child with KS2 maths
- 7.00pm Help your child with KS2 maths
- 06/10/2017 2.00pm Harvest Festival
- 23/10/2017 – 27/10/2017 Half term holiday
- 01/11/2017 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 02/11/2017 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 10/11/2017 2.30pm Beech Class assembly
- 17/11/2017 Children in Need
- 06/12/2017 2.00pm St Nicholas service
- 13/12/2017 Children’s bazaar
- 14/12/2017 9.15am Willow Class Nativity
- 19/12/2017 2.00pm Nativity and carol service
- End of term
- 04/01/2018 Start of term
- 05/01/2018 Pantomime trip
- 19/01/2018 Oak Class charity event
- 02/02/2018 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 05/02/2018 Beech Class residential
- 12/02/2018 – 16/02/2018 Half term holiday
- 21/02/2018 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 22/02/2018 Parent consultations (Reception upwards)
- 01/03/2018 World Book Day
- 09/03/2018 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 16/03/2018 Beech Class charity event
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term