Dear parents and carers,
Church Service – Friday 5th April
All are warmly invited to join us at the church next Friday 5th April at 2pm. The service will be led by children from Oak Class.
We finish next Friday at 3.15pm and restart on Tuesday 23rd April. Have a good holiday.
Hopefully you will all have had a chance to look at the recent inspection reports. If not, they can be accessed at: https://dr-souths.co.uk/documents/ofsted/
If you have any comments or thoughts about the reports, do contact the school office.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
Have you signed up yet? It is not too late to join the fun and take part in the cycling event of the year! There are rides for everyone from 70 miles to 150m and it is a great fundraiser for the school. Please encourage family, friends and colleagues to sign up too. The children learnt more about the Big Bike Ride in the Friday assembly last week and should have brought home a sponsorship form – it would be wonderful if lots of them could take part. The 3 mile circuit around Islip is suitable for any child who is a competent cyclist, whilst the 15 mile ride from Thame or the 35 mile ride from Great Missenden would be great achievements for older children. There is also the tikes and trikes ride for those 5 and under – any ride-on wheeled vehicle is accepted! Find out more and sign up at www.islipbigbikeride.com. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
Appeal for second-hand school clothes
Thank you to everyone who came along to the talk on big cat conservation last night – it was a very fun evening. The speaker (Amy Dickman, Millie in Willow’s mum), mentioned that they have an urgent appeal out for second-hand school clothes to take to a primary school in Kenya. The children there badly need any of the following: black shoes (this is a priority), white shirts, grey trousers, socks and pants, and would be happy to use any puzzles or games as well. These will be going out on a flight over the Easter holidays, so if anyone has anything that could be useful, please drop them off before the end of term. Bags can be dropped at the school office, or left at (or outside) Amy’s house, which is 8 Kidlington Road, just beside the school. Thanks so much!
100 Club March Draw
The March draw was yesterday and we are pleased to announce the following winners:
- 1st Prize – Sophie Miller – £25
- 2nd Prize – Graham Davison – £15
- 3rd Prize – Kate Major – £10
£50 will go to the Sparkle fund this month. As ever Sophie will be in touch shortly with your winnings and of course her own win this month! Many thanks to all those who have bought numbers and are helping to support the school.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Amelie, for lovely independent writing;
- Ash Class: Grace T, for great money work; Zoe, for fabulous singing;
- Oak Class: Alexa, for brilliant singing; Seth, for good work on simile and metaphor;
- Beech Class: Marcus, for fantastic work using column subtraction; Imogen, for great imagination when writing narrative poetry.
- Art: Sylvia, for fantastic work all week and great enthusiasm and participation;
- Cookery: Phoebe, for having increased confidence in her own abilities.
Our Christian Value this term is Forgiveness. Can your child tell you about how the cross can be viewed as a symbol of forgiveness?
Future events (w/b 1st April)
Art: Year 4
Sport: Year 3
- Beech Class trip to the mosque
- Year 5 Forest School
- Year 3 Forest School
- Nikki and Jessica are on maths training
- Oak Class swimming
- 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross service in church
Dates for the year
- 01/04/2019 Beech Class visit to the mosque
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 13/05/2019 Year 6 Assessment week (SATS)
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children