This week we welcomed back Mrs Barnhill after her foot operation. We are glad to see her up and about, even if limping slightly!
These will take place for Willow (Reception only), Oak and Beech Classes on Tuesday 8th and Thursday 10th March. Ash Class consultations will be on Wednesday 2nd, Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th March. If you would like to see Mrs Weston at the start of any school day, please speak to her directly. Sign-up sheets are on the classroom doors, or you can telephone the office during the day to book a slot. Please note that children in Nursery (F2/F3) will have separate meetings after the Easter holiday.
World Book Day – Thursday 3rd March
This is on Thursday 3rd March. A separate letter has gone out with details, but we shall holding buddy reading sessions, having a competition to guess staff favourite books, designing a book token, sharing poetry reading and holding an unusual reading place competition. There is also a £1 book token which is being sent home today. Ask your child’s teacher for more details if you are not sure of anything.
Parent Meeting – Thursday 3rd March
I would like to remind you of the parent meetings to find out about how pupils are assessed and how progress is measured. These will be at 2.45pm and 6.30pm on Thursday 3rd March at which this and other issues will be discussed. Some of the school governors will also be there and available for conversation. All are warmly invited to attend. There is also a meeting about the Early Years;’ curriculum at 3.15pm.
Sport Relief – Friday 18th March
This will take place on Friday 18th March. On the day we are encouraging the children to pay £1 to wear sport kit to school and we are also selling wrist bands in the office costing £1 each. During the afternoon we will be running on the village sport field if dry or having a danceathon in school if wet.
Today I handed out 36 certificates for 100% attendance for Term 3. I was delighted that so many children made it to school every day.
Don’t forget that we finish early for Easter – the last day of school is Tuesday 22nd March. On that day Oak Class will lead us in a service at the church at 2.00pm.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Jak, for brilliant phonic work;
- Ash Class: Noah OB, for fantastic focus during lessons; Flora, for a really positive attitude to work;
- Oak Class: Megan, for excellent engagement and thinking in RE; Morgan, for great art work:
- Beech Class: Rebecca, for an excellent review of a short story.
Huw Morgan, Headteacher
Our Christian value for the term is Trust. Ask your child about situations when we trust people and how that trust is earned. Ask also about the boy who cried wolf!
This week we have been learning about:
- Counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s
- The Owl and the Pussy Cat
- Computer coding
- Persuasive letter writing
- Short story structure
- Internet safety
- A group from Ash Class will be cooking.
- Year 2 will be using the Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building in the afternoons.
- Forest School for Year 3.
- One of Lin’s friends is coming to look at how the Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building is used.
- Mrs Watson is at a training meeting in the afternoon – Mrs Hayter will be teaching Beech Class.
- Forest School for Year 5.
- There is a Teaching and Learning Governors’ meeting.
- Violin and Cello lessons.
- Recorder lessons.
- World Book Day – see separate letter for details.
- PE with Andy.
- Parent meetings about assessment – 2.45pm and 6.30pm.
- Parent meeting about the Early Years’ curriculum – 3.15pm.
- Miss Grimshaw is away – Mrs Cornish will be teaching Oak Class.
- Clarinet lessons for Beech Class.
- Swimming for Oak Class.
- Thursday 3rd March World Book Day
- Parent forum about assessment and a meeting about the EYFS curriculum
- Wednesday 2nd & 9th March Parent consultations (Ash)
- Tuesday 8th March Parent consultations (Willow, Oak, Beech)
- Thursday 10th March Parent consultations (All)
- Friday 18th March Sport Relief
- Tuesday 22nd March Church Service, end of Term 4
- Monday 11th April Start of Term 5
- Monday 2nd May Bank Holiday – school closed
- w/b Monday 9th May Year 6 tests (SATS)
- Friday 27th May May Day, end of Term 5
- Monday 6th June Start of Term 6
- Thursday 23rd June Sports Morning and family picnic
- Wednesday 6th July Oak and Beech production
- Thursday 7th July Reserve Sports Morning (in case of bad weather)
- w/b Monday 11th July Beech Class residential
- Wednesday 13th July Willow and Ash production
- Wednesday 20th July Leavers’ Service, end of Term 6