We are looking forward to our Christingle service on Tuesday 6th December at 2.00pm in the church. This is a very atmospheric service when we think particularly about children who are less fortunate than ourselves. This afternoon your child will bring home a Christingle collecting box in which they can put loose change and perhaps some of their pocket money to be given to the Children’s Society, a charity which works with homeless children. This will be collected at the Christingle service.
Please note that this year we are not doing the toy collection.
Children in Need
Thank you for your support of this last week. The school raised £240, which is a superb amount.
Friends’ News – Christmas trees
Don’t forget orders must be received by this Sunday 27th November.
Christmas Tabletop sale
The tabletop sale is just two weeks away now on Friday 9th December from 2-5pm at Islip Village Hall. This is a fun end of term event and a great opportunity for both a pre-Christmas clear out and the purchase of gifts. Thank you to everyone who has donated already – we would be very grateful for more donations of good quality toys, books and children’s clothes. Donations can be left in the office or given directly to Mandy O’Sullivan (Jamie and Phoebe’s mum). We would also love to hear from you if you can bake a cake/biscuits or help to set up, run a stall or clear away. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for the massive take up for the clubs during the last week of term. All who applied have been allocated places.
We have two lightweight tables going free. The legs are slightly dodgy (hence the need for replacement) but could be repaired for use in the garden or for storage. If you are interested, please contact the office by next Wednesday.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Millie B, for fantastic reading;
- Ash Class: Alexa, for excellent maths work; Noah H, for working hard on handwriting;
- Oak Class: Amie, for a lovely poem; Jamie O, for consistent good behaviour and positive attitude;
- Beech Class: Erfan, for good knowledge of fractions and decimals; Jonny, for a superb newspaper report.
- Cookery award: Aoife and Marcus
- Sport award: Lily T
- Art award: Agnes R
Future events (w/b 28th November)
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Cooper Building Art – Year 6
- Sport week – Year 5
- Nikki and Jessica are on a training course
- Forest School – Year 3
- Beech Class are on a trip to the Ashmolean to find out about the Shang Dynasty
- No Forest School for Year 5
- Mr Morgan is out in the afternoon at a heads’ meeting
- Nursery parent consultations
- String lessons
- Harry and George are at the area cross-country competition in the afternoon
- Some of Oak Class are at a dodgeball competition in the afternoon
- Beech Class swimming
Useful dates for the year
- 06/12/16 9.15am Willow Class nativity
- 06/12/16 2.00pm Christingle service
- 15/12/16 Children’s bazaar
- 16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
- End of Autumn Term 2
- 05/01/17 8.50am Start of term
- 06/01/17 Pantomime trip
- 10/02/17 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- End of Spring Term 1
- 20/02/17 8.50am Start of Spring Term 2
- 22/02/17 Parent consultations
- 23/02/17 Parent consultations
- 01/03/17 Oak Class charity event
- 24/03/17 Red Nose Day
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- End of Spring Term 2
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- End of Summer Term 2
Our Christian value for the term is Generosity. Ask your child about the widow and the coin, and the milk and the jasmine flower.