May Day – Friday May 26th
May Day is TOMORROW!
We are looking forward to seeing many of you. Timings are as follows:
- 10.15am Assemble in classrooms
- 10.30am prompt Crowning of the May Queen and dubbing of the Green Man
- Procession round the village
- 11.15am Photographs at the village stocks
- 11.30am Dancing
- 12.30pm Lunch
- 1.00pm Stalls
- 2.00pm Raffle and final dance – children are then free to go
Breakfast Club is open as normal for those who require it.
Please make sure you apply sun cream to your child and send a sunhat if possible. It is acceptable for children to wear smart shorts in view of the forecast temperatures.
These will take place first thing on Thursday 8th June. Please make sure your child is smartly dressed for the occasion.
Forest School starts for Year 6 straight after the holiday on Tuesday 6th June and for Year 4 on Monday 12th June.
Swimming restarts for Beech Class on Friday 9th June.
There are a number of events coming up. Please check the dates at the end of this newsletter to make sure you have them all noted. We will break up for half term after our May Day celebrations tomorrow. School will reopen on TUESDAY 6th June. Please note that school will be closed for staff training on Monday 5th June
Future events (w/b Monday 5th June)
- Cookery – Beech Class
- Art – Year 4
- Sport – Year 3
- Staff Training Day – school closed
- Forest School – Year 6
- Class photographs
- String lessons
- Mr Morgan is on a training course
- Swimming – Beech Class
Useful dates for the year
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 12/06/17 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 14/06/17 3.00pm Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 26/06/17 Beech Class residential
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 17/07/17 Transfer morning
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
Our Christian values for the term are Respect and Reverence. Can your child talk about the work of Mother Teresa?