Dear parents and carers,
Ash Class Assembly on Friday 1st February
Family and friends of children in Ash Class are warmly invited to join us to find out what the children have been learning recently.Enter via the main reception for a 2.30pm start.
Thank you for your support of this on Friday.We raised £103 for Save the Children.
Next week on Tuesday we host the vision screening for children in Reception.If you do not wish your child to participate, please make sure you have let the office know.
Next week we welcome Megan Tame to help in Willow Class for two weeks.Megan was a pupil here some years ago, and is doing work experience with us.We wish her welcome.
Welcome to Billy, who has joined our nursery.I am sure you will make him and his family welcome.
Soup Lunch and Talent Show – 15th February
We are starting preparations for the ever-popular soup lunch and talent show and a letter will go out next week. If you are able to make a batch of soup/chilli or cupcakes or help to serve on the day, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
We have lots of posters and flyers advertising the Big Bike Ride that we would love to distribute in as many places as possible. If you can put up a poster or leave some flyers in your work place, gym or local community centre/library/village hall, please collect some posters/flyers from the school reception or speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) in the playground. Please mention it to friends/family/colleagues too. This is a great fund raiser for the school so we it would be brilliant to have as many entrants as possible!
Family Service – Sunday 27th January
This Sunday at St Nicholas all invited to the first Family Service of the year at 10.30am. For those new to the school/village or who haven’t been before, this is a short (40 mins) informal service suitable for all ages.
If any children would like to take part, reading or welcoming or taking the offering, please let Rev Lucy know (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Christian Value this term is Creativity.Can your child tell you about the Garden of Eden?Can they tell you about the piece of music Haydn’s Creation?
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Jude, for fantastic focus in learning;
- Ash Class: Hannah, for amazing writing about the Gingerbread Man; Isabella, for superb work in Maths when finding the difference;
- Oak Class: Ethan, for fabulous work on fractions; Agnes H, for exciting and imaginative writing;
- Beech Class: Hollie, for superb stories with flashbacks; Jamie, for great work on long multiplication;
- Art: Phoebe, for concentration, dedication and great design work;
- Sport: Abra, for focus and a superb technique in the long jump.
Future events (w/b 28th January)
- Art:Year 4
- Sport: Year 3
- Year 6 Forest School
- Miss Hadland is on a training course
- Year 4 Forest School
- Jessica is away for the day
- Health and Safety inspection
- Mr Morgan is out at another school
- Governing Body meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- Ash Class Assembly
Dates for the year
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 09/03/2019 FODS quiz night
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service