Dear parents and carers,
Well done to our rugby team which played at the area finals in Banbury last Friday. They played brilliantly and came a creditable 8th place for the whole of North Oxfordshire.
Well done also to our swimmers who competed in the local swimming gala. They all swam superbly, and the girls’ team will go through to the next level, having won the event.
I would like to thank Mrs Brees for leading on these events, and to the enormous team of parent drivers who enabled us to attend. Thank you also to all the children for representing the school so well and accepting success and disappointment with equal fortitude.
This very popular event will take place in the church on our patronal saint’s day, St Nicholas Day, Thursday 6th December. As part of this, we shall be asking the children if they can bring in a good quality used toy (perhaps in a pre-Christmas clear-out), wrapped and labelled for suitability of what age might enjoy receiving it. These will be passed to a local women’s refuge for distribution on Christmas Day. We will be talking at school with the children in an age-appropriate sensitive way about how we are more fortunate than many, and how we can do our bit to help them. You may wish to talk about this with them as well. We also try to give the women in the refuge some treats; if you would like to create a gift bag perhaps of small presents and cosmetic and sanitary items, that would also be much appreciated. These will all need to be brought to school on Wednesday 5th December. If you are new to the school and have any questions, please ask any member of staff. Many thanks.
If you would like to take part in this, please contact Nicole Tucker (Lily Y4 and Grace Y1). The next draw is coming up soon.
Christmas Trees – last chance to order
Don’t forget to hand your order in if you want to take advantage of this amazing offer. The trees are available from 4ft to 7ft (or taller on request). Prices: 4ft+: £25, 5ft+: £35, 6ft+: £40, 7ft+: £50. E-mail your request to email@example.com.
If your child needs a place in Reception next year, please note that applications are now open at http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions. Even if you are in our nursery, you must make a separate application for September. The closing date is 15th January 2019. If you need any help with this or have any questions, please speak to one of the staff.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Evie, for showing courage and resilience in a new situation;
- Ash Class: Bella, for brilliant measuring in maths; Milly B, for her retelling of the nativity story;
- Oak Class: Phoebe, for great effort and concentration; Abra, for accurate bar charts;
- Beech Class: Emily, for excellent work on simplifying fractions; Davina, for a fabulous detective story;
- Art: William, for excellent work all week;
- Sport: All Year 6 girls for circuit training and teamwork
Our Christian Value this term is Peace. Can your child tell you about the rivalry between Esau and Jacob?
Future events (w/b 26th November)
- Cookery: none
- Art: Year 6
- Sport: Year 5
- Forest School – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 3
- Full Governors’ Meeting
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 12/12/2018 Oak and Beech classes singing to the Islip Lunch Club
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 18/12/2018 Christmas Lunch
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 Non-uniform day raising funds for an international charity
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service