Dear parents and carers,
Ten children from Beech Class took part in this event in Bicester on Wednesday. They played exceptionally well, and came first, meaning that they progress to the Oxfordshire final next Tuesday. Many congratulations to them, and many thanks to Mrs Brees for preparing them and parents for transporting them.
Holy Week Service – Tuesday 27th March 2.00pm
This will take place in the church and will be led by children from Oak Class. Do come and join them as we prepare for Easter.
Next week we say goodbye to Mrs Weston and Mrs Higgins, both of whom have worked at the school for many years. There will be a special farewell assembly in the hall at 9.00am on the last day of term (Tuesday 27th March), and you are warmly encouraged to join us for this.
Young Art Oxford
Congratulations to Alexa, who had her picture chosen for the exhibition. Thank you to all those who took part.
After the holiday, Forest School will continue to be for Years 3 and 5, starting on the first day back. Swimming will continue to be for Oak Class until half term.
Please note the last day of term will be Tuesday 27th March – we finish at the usual time. We start back again on Monday 16th April. School will be closed on Monday 7th May and we finish for half term on Thursday 24th May with our May Day celebrations. School will be closed on Friday 25th May.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Alex, for writing a fantastic speech bubble about outdoor learning;
- Ash Class: Zoe, for an amazing newspaper report; Noah, for a fantastic newspaper report;
- Oak Class: Daisy, for fantastic work using the grid method; Orla, for superb rhythm and rhyme in her limerick;
- Beech Class: Jayden, great work on fractions in Maths; Morgan, for a positive attitude in all areas;
- Art Award: Joseph, for showing great artistic abilities; Evie, for fabulous design work;
- Sports Award: Aoife, for showing great determination and self-belief;
- Cooking Award: Isabella, for being a fantastic role model and supporting her partner.
Our Christian Value for the term has been Compassion. What can your child tell you about showing compassion for people in poverty? What can we learn from Ruth and Naomi?
Future events (w/b 26th March)
- No Forest School – Year 3
- 9.00am – Farewell assembly to Mrs Weston and Mrs Higgins
- Hockey final
- No Forest School – Year 5
- 2.00pm – Church service
Future events (w/b 16th April)
- Cookery – Ash Class
- Art – Year 5
- Sport – Year 6
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
On site maths training for teaching assistants
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- Year 5 cycling week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term