Dear Parents and Carers,
Belated May Day Thank You
A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make May Day such a success. Thanks to hard work of lots of parents and children, we raised a fantastic £1787.15. Thank you to everyone who contributed food, ran stalls, sold raffle tickets, set up, cleared away or joined in the festivities with family and friends. All the money raised will go towards resources and activities to enhance the education of all of our children.
New Treasurer Needed
Our excellent treasurer, Keith Stratford is standing down at the end of this term, having generously carried on as Treasurer for an extra year after his son left Dr South’s. We therefore urgently need a new Treasurer for the Friends. The role is ideal for someone with experience of finance or accounting. The main tasks are banking the funds raised from each event, providing cheques as required, keeping accounts up to date and ensuring that we complete our annual submission to the Charity Commission. The role does not take too much time and has the added advantage that you are then excused from all future baking and cooking for the Friends! If you think that you might be able to fill this role for us (or if you know of someone else who could), please speak to Nicola Richardson or Sophie Miller or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Islip Village Fete – Saturday 8th July
It is the Islip Village Fete on Saturday 8th July from 12-5pm and the Friends of Dr South’s will be organising children’s activities and races again. We would love to have some help with this. If you are able to volunteer for a short time, please email email@example.com or speak to Nicola Richardson or Sophie Miller.
If you want to get free delivery to school, make sure you order by Monday 26th June to ensure it is here in time. Orders placed after this date will be delivered to your chosen address. Please allow 21 days for delivery to home during the summer.
St Nicholas Church
All invited to the family service this Sunday at St Nicholas Church at 10.30am. It will be a short informal service. Children wishing to read or help would be very welcome – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday we will say goodbye to Mrs Lewis who has been working in Willow Class for the last few weeks. We wish her well in her future studies and in her new job for September.
I shall be on residential with Beech Class for much of next week. Mrs Halsey will be in charge at school during this time, so please direct any urgent queries to her.
This week we congratulated:
- Art: Ehsan, for exemplary behaviour and manners and excellent work this week;
- Sport: Abra, for being totally focused and engaged in all the sport challenges;
- Cookery: Margot, Hollie, Orla, Flora, Max, George, Marcus and Frankie for working so well together;
- Willow: Milly N, for always being a thoughtful and caring member of the class;
- Ash: Joe, for getting on with his work so conscientiously; Rihanna, for settling so well;
- Oak: Orla, for a brilliant poster about a capital city; Harry, for hard work and focus at all times;
- Beech: Evie, for a great leaflet on sound; George, for brilliant engagement with the play.
Future events (w/b Monday 26th June)
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Sport – Years 3 and 4
- Forest School (pond dipping) – All of Oak Class
- Mrs Weston and Miss Prud’homme will be in Ash Class
- No Forest School
- String lessons
- Mrs Barnhill is away
- Swimming – Oak Class
Useful dates for the year
- 26/06/17 Beech Class residential
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 17/07/17 Transfer morning
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- 06/09/17 8.50am Start of school term 1 September 2017
Our Christian value for the term is Service. Can your child tell you how people can serve their country?