Dear parents and carers,
Well done to the hockey team who triumphed in the area finals this week. They came second and will progress to the county finals in April. It is fantastic that we have achieved this two years running – many thanks to Mrs Brees for leading in this area with such passion and determination. Congratulations and very well done to Harry, Archie, George, William, Flyn, Poppy, Porsha, Aoife, Flora and Alice. Thank you also to the parent drivers who help make these events possible.
Young Art Oxford
Congratulations to Alexa for having her work selected for the exhibition and well done and thank you to all who took part.
Quiz Night Thank You
A huge thank you to all those who helped to make the quiz night such a success. Together, we raised over £1000 for The Sparkle Fund, which is absolutely fantastic. Thank you to all those who contributed delicious food for the evening, helped to set up and serve and to all those who joined a team and took part. We could not have done it without you. We are also indebted to our superb quiz master, David Goodfellow, who set some very tricky questions! Congratulations to the winning team of Nancy Dickmann, Duncan Gilbert, Amy & Dan Levy and Alex & Lisa Fraser plus friends.
Film Night Thank You
The inaugural Dr South’s film night last Friday was extremely popular, with over half the school attending! Thank you to everyone who supported this event and especially to those who stayed to serve endless snacks. The children seemed to have a lot of fun and we raised over £150 for Comic Relief and The Sparkle Fund.
Comic Relief Thank You
Thank you for your support of this last week. We raised £89.60 which will be passed to Comic Relief.
Myths, Money and Man-eaters: Big Cat Conservation in Tanzania – Thursday 28th March, Lin Cooper Building, 7.30pm
Don’t miss this brilliant opportunity to hear a fascinating talk by National Geographic Explorer and Big Cat Conservationist Amy Dickman (also known as Millie’s mum!) about her work in Tanzania. £5 a ticket, with all proceeds going to The Sparkle Fund. You can turn up on the door but it would be very helpful if you could RSVP to [email protected] so that we have an idea of numbers.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
Have you signed up yet? It is not too late to join the fun and take part in the cycling event of the year! There are rides for everyone from 70 miles to 150m and it is a great fundraiser for the school. Please encourage family, friends and colleagues to sign up too. The children learnt more about the Big Bike Ride in the Friday assembly last week and should have brought home a sponsorship form – it would be wonderful if lots of them could take part. The 3 mile circuit around Islip is suitable for any child who is a competent cyclist, whilst the 15 mile ride from Thame or the 35 mile ride from Great Missenden would be great achievements for older children. There is also the tikes and trikes ride for those 5 and under – any ride-on wheeled vehicle is accepted! Find out more and sign up at www.islipbigbikeride.com. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Adam, for reading aloud to the whole class so beautifully;
- Ash Class: Seth, for fantastic effort and enthusiasm in class; Milly B, for hard work in SPAG lessons;
- Oak Class: Harley, for responding well to feedback about his work; Noah OB, for fabulous effort with his homework;
- Beech Class: Flyn, for a superb attitude towards everything this week; Jamie, for great work on long division;
- Art: Ella, for enthusiasm and contributions in class;
- Sport: Noah V for showing great enthusiasm and maturity this week.
- Cookery: Eleanor, for great participation in her first session of cookery lessons.
Our Christian Value this term is Forgiveness. Can your child tell you about how Joseph forgave his brothers? Did they rise to the challenge of living harmoniously with their siblings?!
Future events (w/b 25th March)
- Art: Year 6
- Sport: Year 5
- Cookery: Oak Class
- Year 5 Forest School
- Year 5 visit to Gosford Hill School to watch their production of Oliver!
- Year 3 Forest School
- 7.30pm Big Cat talk
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 26/03/2019 Year 5 visit to Gosford to watch their production of Oliver!
- 01/04/2019 Beech Class visit to the mosque
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 13/05/2019 Year 6 Assessment week (SATS)
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children