Dear parents and carers,
Year 2 Sport Challenge
Our Year 2 children attended a Kidlington partnership sport challenge on Wednesday and had a great time. Well done to them for representing the school so well and thank you to Sophie Miller and Mandy O’Sullivan for helping with transport.
Sport Morning – Tuesday 3rd July
All are warmly invited to our Sport Morning and family picnic. Weather permitting, we shall begin at 9.30am on the village sports pitch, and we aim to finish around noon. At this point, you are invited to have a family picnic, although a packed school meal will still be available for those that wish. If you have not attended before and would like more information, please ask your child’s teacher.
The Jacobs’ Field
Parents of children in Ash Class are invited to join us at Jacobs’ Field for a session on Friday 13th July. We would ask for parents to meet us at 11am for a tour and the opportunity to look at the work the children have completed this term. Lunch will be provided as usual for the children and you would be very welcome to bring your own picnic should you wish to join the children for lunch.
Ash/Willow Charity Cake Sale
Thank you very much to everyone who contributed to and bought from this event last Friday. £132 was raised for Cancer Research, which is fantastic.
Islip Summer Fete – Saturday 7th July
The Islip Summer Fete is fast approaching so please make sure that the date is in your diary. As in previous years, the Friends of Dr South’s will be running children’s entertainments and races during the afternoon. If you could spare half an hour to help to man the bouncy castle, practise your face-painting skills, or help with the races, we would love to hear from you! Please email drsouthsfriends @gmail.com if you can help.
The governors are a hugely important group of people who have strategic oversight of the running of the school. Later this term we shall be holding elections for a parent governor vacancy; if you are interested in finding out what is involved, please ask an existing governor or look on the website.
Gosford Hill School
Gosford is celebrating its 85th anniversary this year, and everybody is invited to a celebratory event on Wednesday 11th July between 5pm and 8pm. If you would like to attend, please contact email@example.com. (Sorry for the incorrect e-mail address last week.)
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Bear, for lovely sustained construction work;
- Ash Class: Felix, for really focused work on inverse calculations; Jak, for amazing work on telling the time;
- Oak Class: Bella, for great work on telling the time; Mia, for fantastic focus all week;
- Beech Class: Archie, for a well- argued piece of writing on why we should ban homework; Gloria, for superb communication skills in our debate with Oak Class;
- Art Award: Marcus, for a splendid attitude to learning, skilful sewing, wonderful work and for being such a help in class;
- Sports Award: Daisy, for excellent participation in her assessments task this week
- Cooking Award: Abra, for showing a more confident approach in the kitchen;
Our Christian Value this term is Perseverance. Can your child tell you about Nehemiah and the rebuilding of Jerusalem?
Future events (w/b 25th June)
- Cookery – Oak and Beech Classes
- Art – Year 3
- Sport and fitness – Year 4
- Forest School – Year 4
- Mrs Brees is away
- Forest School – Year 6
- Gosford Hill transfer day
- Mr Morgan is away
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 07/07/2018 Islip Village Fete
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term
- 04/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 05/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 06/09/2018 Start of term