Dear parents and carers,
If you have ever been baffled when your child talks about phonemes, graphemes and split digraphs, do come to our information meetings about phonics, held at 2.45pm and 6.30pm next Monday in the school hall.
Congratulations to some of our Year 3 children who took part this week in a multiskills event in Kidlington. They were a credit to themselves and the school. Well done Harley, Jack, Noah, Jak, Ethan, Lily G, Agnes, Freya, Annabel and Alexa.
St Nicholas Church – Sunday 23rd September
The church is hosting its third Café Church on Sunday 23rd September at Islip Village Hall. Coffee, juice and breakfast buns are available from 10am, with informal worship from 10.30am to 11.30am. This is church but not as you know it – seated around tables with activities for children, and quizzes, activities and discussion starters for all ages. All welcome.
Friends Autumn Meeting
All are warmly invited to the first Friends’ meeting of the new school year. Please join us next Friday, 28th September at 9am (straight after drop-off) at Appleyard, Mill Street, Islip. We would love to see lots of parents there. It is a great way to become more involved with the school and to get to know other parents. We will be planning events for the year and discussing how to spend the money that we have raised. There will be lots of tea, coffee and biscuits to help the discussion flow! Please feel free to bring younger children – they can play whilst we talk. If you cannot come to the meeting, but would like to become more involved, please just email us at [email protected] or speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) or Niki (Aoife and Joe’s mum).
Supper Recital – Friday 28th September
Tickets are selling fast for this exciting event, but it would be great for it to be a sell-out. We have food inspired by different countries complemented by music from the respective countries. This is all for the amazing price of £25 per person. Do contact the office to buy your tickets early; why not invite your friends and book an entire table? This is open to the whole community, so do publicise amongst your friends.
Do join us for Harvest Festival at 2.00pm in the church on Friday 5th October. The children will be presenting songs, poetry and art as a celebration of harvest. We shall be taking our harvest gifts across to the church for a practice on Thursday 4th, so we would be grateful for any donations of non-perishable food (no baked beans please!) by then; these will be passed to the Bicester Foodbank.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Adam, for super speedy sounds in phonics;
- Ash Class: Hermione, for great literacy work; Solomon, for brilliant work with writing and spelling;
- Oak Class: Harley, for exemplary behaviour all the time; Clara, for great work in maths;
- Beech Class: Marcus, for an excellent biography of Michael Morpurgo; Ruby, for good focus when adding decimals;
- Cookery: Alice, for all round excellence in the kitchen including knowledge of hygiene and health and safety;
- Art: Daisy, for beautiful work with charcoal.
- Sport: Jak, for fantastic participation and teamwork all week and at the multiskills competition.
Our Christian Value this term is Courage. Ask your child who showed courage in the story of St George and the dragon.
Future events (w/b 24th September)
- 24/09/2018 Forest School – Year 6
- 2.45pm Phonic meeting
- 6.30pm Phonic meeting
- 25/09/2018 Forest School – Year 4
- Mrs Watson is out in the afternoon. The class will be taught by Mrs Barnhill.
- 26/09/2018 Mrs Watson is on a training course in the afternoon. The class will be taught by Mrs Barnhill
- 28/09/2018 Friends meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- Supper Recital
Dates for the year
- 28/09/2018 7.00pm – Supper Recital
- 05/10/2018 2.00pm – Harvest Festival
- 12/10/2018 3.00pm – Oak Class charity event
- 22/10/2018 Half term week
- 29/10/2018 Science week
- 02/11/2018 2.30pm – Oak Class Assembly
- 06/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 07/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 16/11/2018 Children in Need – non-uniform
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 non-uniform day raising funds for a school in Nepal
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term