Beech Class Charity Event
Thank you for your support for this. I am pleased to say that the children raised £151.64 for the World Wildlife Fund; they chose the charity by having a class vote.
Congratulations to our Beech Class rugby players who played in a tournament yesterday. They represented the school well and we were proud of them. Thanks also to Mrs Brees and Mrs Halsey for taking them.
School Health Nurse
We have an allocated School Health Nurse, Sarah Gibbons, and she aims to produce a termly bulletin about issues to do with children’s health. We have sent the first one via email for your information.
St Nicholas Church
We are pleased to have close links with our local church and Rev Lucy. It is well worth visiting their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.islip/) where you can see pictures from our Harvest Festival service.
Some of you use these vouchers to pay for clubs or additional hours in nursery. As part of our conversion to academy status we need to open new bank accounts, so will not be able to use these for payment during the month of December. If you wish to use them, please make sure they are sent to us before the end of November.
Advent and Christmas events
I’m sorry to talk about Christmas so early, but useful dates to note are:
- Friday 2nd December – Friends’ Christmas tree sale
- Tuesday 6th December, 9.15am – Willow Class Nativity (note change from original date)
- Tuesday 6th December, 2.00pm – Christingle service in church (the one with the oranges and candles!)
- Friday 9th December – Friends’ tabletop sale
- Wednesday 14th December – KS2 singing to Senior Lunch Club
- Thursday 15th December – Children’s bazaar
- Friday 16th December, 2.00pm – Carol service in church, with Ash Class Nativity
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Felix, for lovely sentence construction;
- Ash Class: Tia, for being helpful and kind in class; Charlie, for always setting a good example;
- Oak Class: Alice, for fantastic ideas and suggestions about the Stone Age; Davina, for great written work;
- Beech Class: Cecily, for thoughtful insights when studying journey poetry; Jonny, for good focus all week.
Future events (w/b 31st October)
- Cookery – Year 5
- Cooper Building – Year 5
- Sport week – Year 6
- Forest School – Year 3
- No Forest School
- Mr Morgan is on an academy briefing course
- Our lunchtime caterers will be coming to talk to the children about the menus
- String lessons
- Beech Class swimming
Useful dates for the term
- 31/10/16 8.50am Return to school
- 09/11/16 Parent consultations
- 10/11/16 Parent consultations
- 11/11/16 10.45am Act of Remembrance at the War Memorial
- 06/12/16 2.00pm Christingle service
- 06/12/16 9.15am Willow Class nativity
- 12/12/16 Children’s bazaar
- 16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
Our Christian value for the term has been Friendship. Can you child remember about David and Jonathan, Jacob and Esau, Peter’s denial of Jesus, the prince and the guru’s cloak, the Ramayana, the work of Elizabeth Fry and how we can be friends with each other.