Dear parents and carers,
Islip Village Fete – Saturday 6th July
The Friends of Dr South’s have been asked to provide some children’s activities at the Islip Village Fete on Saturday 6th July. We will be running the bouncy castle and doing face paints and hair feathers during the afternoon and would love to hear from you if you can volunteer to help for a short session. If you have any ideas for other activities/games that you would like to run for the children, please do let us know too. We will need a large gazebo or small marquee for the afternoon. If you have one that we could borrow, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you!
Sport Morning – Tuesday 2nd July
Don’t forget this will take place on the morning of Tuesday 2nd July, weather permitting. We aim to start at around 9.30am and the children are asked to wear an item showing their team colour (list up in the hall window if you have forgotten or are new!). The event usually takes the whole morning, and is followed by the opportunity for a picnic with your children. If you are new to the school, please talk to your child’s teacher to discover more. We aim to take a decision about cancellation the afternoon before, but let’s hope the weather has brightened up by then.
Following successful recruitment, I am pleased to let you know staffing arrangements for September.
- Willow Class: Mrs Amy Nel, assisted by Miss Nikki Grossi and Mrs Jessica Brock;
- Ash Class: Miss Laura Talboys, assisted by Mrs Laura Barnett;
- Oak Class: Miss Francesca Hadland, assisted by Miss Emma Goater (Mrs Cornish is due to return from maternity leave at Christmas);
- Beech Class: Mrs Helen Watson, assisted by Mrs Zoe Barnhill.
- SENCO/Music/RE: Mrs Liz Halsey.
- Additional support will also be provided by Ms Serinne Curtis, Mrs Paola Travis, Mrs Jacky Brees, Mrs Sue Foley Simms, Mrs Sarah Robinson and Mrs Katie Forde.
- Office: Ms Katie Rayner and Mrs Christine Robertson;
- Cleaners: Mrs Jean Beesley and Ms Raffy Zero;
- Crossing Patrol: Mr Martin Fathers;
- Forest School: Mrs Annette Jaggard.
As indicated earlier in the week, Mr Morgan will be taking over headship of Bletchingdon Primary School in September, in addition to being head at Dr South’s. Extra support will be put in place at Dr South’s to ensure Mrs Watson’s teaching arrangements remain unchanged. Full details were sent out on Wednesday, but if you have any further questions, there is a chance to talk with the governors and Mr Morgan in the school hall next Wednesday at 3.00pm and 6.00pm.
There is a vacancy for a parent governor coming up. Please see the separate letter/e-mail sent out today for further details.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Amelie, for having a mature attitude in the classroom;
- Ash Class: Alex, for really good work in geography; Emily, for fantastic writing;
- Oak Class: Tia, for the great effort put in to her learning; Helena, for a fantastic attitude towards everything;
- Beech Class: Hollie, for superb work on short division; Poppy, for kindness to others and showing leadership at sporting events;
- Sport: Agnes R, for maturity and a positive attitude all week.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Ask your child about Mary’s trust in God.
Future events (w/b 24th June)
- Cookery: Year 6
- Sport: Year 4
- Year 6 Forest School
- Mrs Watson is out in the morning – the class will be taken by Mr Morgan
- Year 4 Forest School
- Mrs Watson is out – the class will be taken by Mr Morgan and Mrs Barnhill
- 3.00pm and 6.00pm – parent meeting about headship arrangements next year
- Oak Class swimming
- Ash Class trip to The Jacobs’ Field
Dates for the year
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children