Dear parents and carers,
This will take place the week after half term. Many thanks to all the parents who have offered to come in to talk about how they use science in their work – if you have offered and have not heard back, do please talk to your child’s teacher as some messages may have gone astray.
Many thanks also to Miss Prud’homme for organising the activities for the week and for running the after-school science clubs. The normal clubs will be running, but Miss Prud’homme is also running practical science activities for those who signed up.
Oak Class Assembly
Friends and family of children in Oak Class are invited to join us at 2.30pm on Friday 2nd November to find out what the children have been learning. All are welcome.
We are delighted to welcome two trainee teachers to our school after the holiday. Lucy Kettlety (Ash) and Kirsty James (Oak) will be joining us on Tuesdays through until Christmas on their first placement; I am sure you and the children will make them welcome.
Well done to the children in Beech Class who attended a rugby match in Kidlington yesterday. They played well and were a credit when representing the school. One team will progress through to the area finals after the holiday, and the other team won the ‘best of the rest!’ Thank you to the staff and parent helpers who have enabled this to take place.
Islip Carol Concert
All children aged 7 and up are invited to sing in the carol service at 6pm on Sunday 16th December. There will be rehearsals at 4pm on Sundays from 11th November to 9th December. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Don’t forget we finish today for half term and return on Monday 29th October.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Jonah, for fantastic maths work on one more than and one less than;
- Ash Class: Grace, for great maths work; Jake, for amazing poetry;
- Oak Class: Logan, for beautifully presented work; Charlie, for enthusiasm on the trip;
- Beech Class: Frankie, for persevering with his writing; Franck, for a superb result in his reading assessment;
- Cookery: Hughie, for showing great understanding of cross-contamination and putting in lots of effort;
- Art: Mia, for her continued strive for perfection and beautiful work;
- Sport: Franck, for excellent concentration and maturity.
Our Christian Value this term is Courage. Ask your child about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Future events (w/b 29th October)
- Science Week: All those who requested Science Club in time got all the sessions they wanted.
- Cookery: Ash
- No Forest School
- No Forest School
- Beech Class swimming
- 2.30pm – Oak Class Assembly
Dates for the year
- 29/10/2018 Science week
- 02/11/2018 2.30pm – Oak Class Assembly
- 06/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 07/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 16/11/2018 Children in Need – non-uniform
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 18/12/2018 Christmas Lunch
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 Non-uniform day raising funds for an international charity
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service