Congratulations to George, Charlie, Jonny, Gabriel, Noah, Joseph, Sapphire, Daisy, Charlotte Gr, Amelia, Faith and Scarlet who represented the school well in the area swimming gala. We may not have won but we put up a good fight!
As you may be aware, the village traffic group has long campaigned for a reduction in the speed limit through the village. We are now in a consultation period, so if you have views on this, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org (the Traffic Safety and Accident Prevention Officer) by 25th November.
Friends’ News – Christmas trees
A quick reminder that the Friends are selling premium quality Nordmann Fir (non-drop) Christmas trees again this year. The trees are beautiful and very competitively priced. They are delivered directly to Islip from a sustainable plantation in Scotland so they are as fresh as possible. All profits go to the Friends of Dr South’s so this is a great way to save money and help the school! An order form is attached to this email and orders must be received by Sunday 27th November, for collection on the 3rd/4th December (or the following weekend).
Christmas Tabletop sale
Another reminder about the Christmas Tabletop sale on Friday 9th December from 2 to 5pm at Islip Village Hall. This is a fun event as we draw towards Christmas and a great opportunity for both a pre-Christmas clear out and the purchase of gifts. Thank you to everyone who has donated already – we would be very grateful for more donations of good quality toys, books and children’s clothes. Donations can be left in the office or given directly to Mandy O’Sullivan (Jamie and Phoebe’s mum). We would also love to hear from you if you can bake a cake/biscuits or help to set up, run a stall or clear away. Thank you for your support!
We had an unannounced inspection of food hygiene this week (for Breakfast Club and hot dinners), and I am delighted to say that all was judged well with no areas for improvement.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Zoe, for some lovely independent labelling;
- Ash Class: Phoebe, for super phonic work; Helena, for working hard on her fairy story;
- Oak Class: the whole class, for being so helpful to Mrs Barnhill;
- Beech Class: Melina, for thoughtful comments during assembly; Amelia, for showing a good understanding when working with fractions.
- Art award: Abra Kendall
- Sport award: Phoebe, Morgan, Sapphire
Future events (w/b 21th November)
- All week
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Cooper Building – Year 1
- Sport week – Year 2
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
- Mrs Weston is on a course about outdoor learning. The class will be taught by Miss Prud’homme.
- Mrs Watson is on a course about maths teaching. The class will be taught by Mrs Barnhill.
- String lessons
- Governors Finance, Premises and Personnel Committee
- Beech Class swimming
Useful dates for the year
- 06/12/16 9.15am Willow Class nativity
- 06/12/16 2.00pm Christingle service
- 15/12/16 Children’s bazaar
- 16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
- End of Autumn Term 2
- 05/01/17 8.50am Start of term
- 06/01/17 Pantomime trip
- 10/02/17 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- End of Spring Term 1
- 20/02/17 8.50am Start of Spring Term 2
- 22/02/17 Parent consultations
- 23/02/17 Parent consultations
- 01/03/17 Oak Class charity event
- 24/03/17 Red Nose Day
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- End of Spring Term 2
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
- End of Summer Term 2
Our Christian value for the term is Generosity. Ask your child about the Queen of Sheba and God’s promise to Abraham.