Dear parents and carers,
Our May Day celebrations will be taking place next Thursday. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help with this event – we could not run it without you! We would welcome any more donations of quiche, salad or cakes. Please email [email protected] We are still collecting toys, books and clothes for the stalls. These can be left at the school office. If you any plants to donate, please bring them on the day.
Please note that all aspects of the school will be open as normal for those children who need them, including Breakfast Club and After School Club. Children should be at school by 10.15am at the latest to be ready to start at 10.30am prompt.
Open Gardens – Sunday 3rd June
There will be eight gardens open in Islip, including the Forest School and the land at the Jacobs’ Field. If you wish to visit, please make sure you buy a ticket on the day from the Village Hall. There will be activities for you to join in to find out what the children do up there!
Please note that term dates for the next two years are on the school website – click here to go straight there.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Matthew, for brilliant sentence writing;
- Ash Class: Emily, for brilliant work on division; Harley, for lovely Spag work;
- Oak Class: Charlie, for excellent participation in our class assembly; William, for great descriptive writing when describing settings.
- Beech Class: Harry, for a fantastic result in Maths assessment; All Year 6 for superb focus during their SATS;
- Sports Award: Isabella, for great understanding of the rules of rounders;
- Cooking Award: Joe, for a sensible, mature approach;
- Art Award: Zoe and Asher for amazing skill and creativity; Lily G and Jack F for being completely engaged and producing some fantastic creative work.
Our Christian Value this term is Hope. What can your child tell you about the work of charities around the world? How can we bring hope to other people?
Future events (w/b 21st May)
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
- May Day
- School closed
Dates for the year
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 06/06/2018 Class photographs
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- Year 5 cycling week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 07/07/2018 Islip Village Fete
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term