Dear parents and carers,
This takes place tomorrow. If you are able to join this community event (with or without children), please meet at the Red Lion at 10.00am.
Sport Relief Week
This takes place next week. The children will be doing a Daily 30 session, with a different 30-minute activity each day. They will then have the opportunity to come to school in their favourite item of sport wear on Friday and donate £1 (£2 per family). This will then be passed on to Sport Relief.
Holy Week Service – Tuesday 27th March 2.00pm
This will take place in the church and will be led by children from Oak Class. Do come and join them as we prepare for Easter.
Thank you for your understanding about the various rearrangements of parent consultations due to staff illness and bad weather. I hope you have now had a chance to talk with your child’s teacher – if not, please make an appointment.
At the parent meeting, you should have been given a parent questionnaire to fill in. If you have missed this, I would be very grateful if you would complete the one sent round by e-mail (hard copies available in the office). It is very important that the parent view about the school is heard clearly, both about things we do well and things which we could improve. We are in the process of setting next year’s budget, and would like to take your views into account when allocating funding.
At the end of this term we say goodbye to Mrs Weston and Mrs Higgins, both of whom have served the school loyally over many years. There will be a special farewell assembly in the hall at 9.00am on the last day of term (Tuesday 27th March), and you are warmly encouraged to join us for this.
Please note the last day of term will be Tuesday 27th March – we finish at the usual time. We start back again on Monday 16th April. Please note school will be closed on Monday 7th May and we finish for half term on Thursday 24th May with our May Day celebrations. School will be closed on Friday 25th May.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Noah, for some great number work;
- Ash Class: Emily, for lovely writing about France; Florence, for a great stop motion movie;
- Oak Class: Louis, for wholehearted participation on the trip; Hollie, for complete focus during benchball;
- Beech Class: Imogen, for total engagement on the trip; Cecily, for being a great role model;
- Art Award: Frankie, for an excellent attitude and great team work;
- Sports Award: Seth, for enthusiasm and a very good attitude;
- Cooking Award: Milly N, for great listening and following instructions well; Solomon, for a mature approach to using different ingredients.
Our Christian Value for the term is Compassion. What can your child tell you about showing compassion by sharing? Beech Class led our assembly on Monday. What did your child learn?
Future events (w/b 19th March)
- Cookery – Ash Class
- Art and Design – Year 6
- Health and Fitness – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 3
- Finance Governors’ Meeting
- Year 5 visit to Gosford Hill School to watch their production of Mary Poppins
- Forest School – Year 5
- Support staff are receiving on site training in the afternoon
- Governors’ Teaching and Learning Committee meeting
- Mrs Halsey is on an RE course
- Hockey Final (Y5/6 team)
- Mrs Barnett is on a phonics course
- Visit from our Diocesan advisor
- Miss Prud’homme is on a training course
- Heights and Weights measure for Year 6
- Full Governors’ meeting
- Oak Class swimming
- Visit from other schools to look at our SEN provision
Dates for the year
- 19/03/2018 Sport Relief week
- 27/03/2018 2.00pm Holy Week service
- End of term
- 16/04/2018 Start of term
- 07/05/2018 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 14/05/2018 Year 6 Assessment (SATS) week
- 18/05/2018 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 24/05/2018 May Day
- 25/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 Half term holiday
- 11/06/2018 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 15/06/2018 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term