Dear parents and carers,
Today, some of our Year 5 and 6 children took their cycling proficiency tests with an outside examiner after a week of training. Well done to Amelie P, Millie, Poppy, Porsha, Franck, Harry, Imogen, Sylvia and Aoife for all their hard work which has led to a pass. Thank you to Mrs Barnhill, Miss Bartholomew and Mrs Beesley for preparing them so well.
Earlier in the year many of you were kind enough to complete our annual questionnaire. Once we obtained the feedback, the governors examined the issues raised and thought about how to amend what we do. Overall, the responses were very positive, so thank you. The response to the specific issues raised is covered in a letter on the website, accessed here: https://dr-souths.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/2018-06-15-Response-to-Parental-Questionnaire.pdf
As always, I am very happy to discuss any aspect of the school, so do please come and see me if there are things you wish to raise.
Gosford Hill School
Gosford is celebrating its 85th anniversary this year, and everybody is invited to a celebratory event on Wednesday 11th July between 5pm and 8pm. If you would like to attend, please contact [email protected].
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Harrison, for amazing writing;
- Ash Class: Milly N, for a fantastic May Day recount; Agnes, for good use of suffixes in her version of Hansel and Gretel;
- Oak Class: Louis, for showing huge enthusiasm on the trip to the synagogue; Leandro, for great use of rhythm and rhyme in his poem;
- Beech Class: Ruby, for working hard to improve her handwriting; Erfan for asking and answering questions superbly during our visit from the Butterfly people;
- Art Award: Noah, for consistently producing fabulous designs and artwork;
- Sports Award: All Year 5 for their participation in a range of activities this week.;
- Cooking Award: Helena, for increased confidence in the kitchen.
Our Christian Value this term is Perseverance. Can your child tell you about Jeremiah in the well? Can they talk about the life and fundraising achievements of Jane Tomlinson?
Future events (w/b 18th June)
- Cookery – Oak Class
- Art – Year 4
- Sport and fitness – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 4
- Marlborough transfer day
- Forest School – Year 6
- Ms Rayner is on a training event
- Year 2 sporting trip
- External moderation of writing
- Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 03/07/2018 Sport Morning and family picnic
- 07/07/2018 Islip Village Fete
- 11/07/2018 2.00pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 19/07/2018 1.30pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production
- 23/07/2018 Reserve Sport Morning
- 25/07/2018 2.00pm Leavers’ Service
- End of term
- 04/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 05/09/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 06/09/2018 Start of term