Dear parents and carers,
Church School Inspection
Thank you for your support and encouragement during this process. The result will be made public in about three weeks, but I am pleased to say that the inspection went well and we look forward to releasing the report once it is written.
These will be held the week beginning 4th March. Sign-up sheets will go up on the first day back after half term, so do look for them on the classroom doors or windows.
Young Art Oxford
A letter was sent round by e-mail yesterday about this voluntary competition. Don’t forget the closing date is straight after the holiday.
If your child has borrowed waterproof trousers for Forest School, please make sure you return them – we are running low. If you have any you can donate, please pass them to Mrs Jaggard or the office staff.
After the holiday we welcome Charlotte, sister of Jenson in Willow Class. She will be joining the children in Beech Class, so do encourage your child to look out for her and make her welcome.
Big Bike Ride – Sunday May 12th
We have lots of posters and flyers advertising the Big Bike Ride that we would love to distribute in as many places as possible. If you can put up a poster or leave some flyers in your work place, gym or local community centre/library/village hall, please collect some posters/flyers from the school reception or speak to Sophie (Flora, Noah and Zachary’s mum) in the playground. Please mention it to friends/family/colleagues too. This is a great fund raiser for the school so we it would be brilliant to have as many entrants as possible!
Our Christian Value this term is Creativity. Can your child tell you about using our senses to enjoy the created world?
Future events (w/b 25th February)
- Art: Year 3
- Sport: Year 4
- Year 5 Forest School
- Year 3 Forest School
- Mr Morgan and Mrs Watson are on a curriculum course
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 01/03/2019 FODS film night – after school
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 09/03/2019 FODS quiz night
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service